Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This morning after a windows 10 update I go to print a document that I've been working on printing for the past few days (printing 60 of the same document), and I get the error message "The document could not be printed" then another message after that saying "An error occurred while printing the document"

I tried to print a test page from the printer properties and I get the message "Operation could not be completed (error 0x000000cb) The system could not find the environment option that was entered.

Troubling shooting finds nothing wrong.

Used HP's Print and Scan Doctor and it didn't find any problems

Tried to print a test page and nothing printed. The links provided in the app don't work either.

I've tried rebooting, reinstalling, and restarting the computer. Nothing seems to work. 

I need help getting the printer back up and running please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solution found:

This issue is caused by the windows updates:

KB4557957 for windows 2004

KB4560960 for windows 1909 and 1903

KB4561608 for windows 1809

KB4561621 for windows 1803

KB4561602 for windows 1709

KB4561605 for windows 1703

KB4561616 for windows 1607

KB4561649 for windows 1507

You can simply uninstall the update for now in update and security - update history - uninstall update

you can find more informations here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4560960/windows-10-update-kb4560960

Microsoft is working on a patch

Now the plotter prints perfectly.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hello.

I think the plotter is ok. The issue is in the drivers. Are you communicating by network or by USB?

Let me know.

HP Recommended

It's connected via a USB cable.

It was printing just fine yesterday, but started getting those errors today.

HP Recommended

Hi.

Ok. If your plotter have a formatter card. See back of left hand then disconnected power cable and remove the card and clean memory. 

Upgrade firmware to latest version.

HP Recommended

2 of our costumers have the same problem!

HP Recommended

By clean memory do you mean putting in a new memory stick? Or is there a way to wipe the current memory and reinstall firmware?

HP Recommended

Hello.

No. Only clean the electric contact of memory.

Upgrade firmware by USB cable only.

HP Recommended

How do I go about cleaning the electric contact of memory?

HP Recommended

Jorge70,

first you say the plotter is ok,, now you want them to remove the memory cards , clean contacts and update firmware. WHY?

After ready original post, sounds like the problem was after an update of windows 10. could not print after the update. that tells me nothing is wrong with the printer.

I've read 3-4 posts on here this morning all with the same problem after a Windows 10 update.

HP Recommended

Update on my situation.

Was on the phone with a tech this morning, he remoted in and tried to fix the issue but even he was stumped. He told me to try another computer, so I did, but it didn't work with that one either.

So he suggested using a computer that still had windows 7 on it. The reason being is because hp doesn't have any windows 10 drivers for the designjet 800; the most current they have is for Windows 7.

Luckily we had an older computer with windows 7 on it, hooked the printer up to it and downloaded the drivers. Worked just fine like nothing was wrong.

My guess is there was something in the windows 10 update that caused the error. Not allowing the computer and printer to communicate with each other.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.