Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this printer/plotter on Marketplace from a museum curator and he did advise me that this printer gets an error on boot up about the carriage - but he said to just click OK and it clears itself.   SO i did a test print from the multi-feeder 11x17 and it works perfectly, but i tried to print on a roll of paper and this is when i started to encounter bigger issues.   I ran the diags on it and i got no errors at all,     When you boot the machine up, when it swings back towards the knife it makes a slight and quick grinding noise then throws this error.    Any help would be most appreciated and i always reward the person(s) who provide a working solution by paying them a reward on CASH APP.   So,  talk to me folks, what is my problem here, and how do we fix it.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Check cutters path STEP 2 of  The printer does not cut the media after completing a print job

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c04562168 

Remove the cutter and see will it boot without grinding noise and error.

To remove cutter you will need to remove left cover 5 screws, and 1 screw for the cutter.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Tomislav,

Forgive me for the delay.   I have been swamped with other work and I have yet to effect your solution tonmy T120.   But I want you to know how much I appreciate your help.  Your certifications and skillsets are perfectly aligned with my issue and confident we will get this machine running 100%    I know, its 6 screws,  I'll get to it today, and I'll let you know. Until then, Большое спасибо.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.