Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hello , i have a problem with my printer, it also shows the error 86:01 though i have no paper roll inserted in my printer.
I also want to update the firmware with a usb disk drive but it doesn't work (shows the error 08:04)
Please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I see you entered this question in some time ago?  Did you ever get a resolve?  I dont see any wise words of wisdom coming from the Site Admins?  I just ran across the 8:04 issue this week and am a little stumped as to what to do?

HP Recommended

System Error: 08:04
Problem Description: Touch Control Panel communication to the product functions at the initialization, but during
normal working the communication is lost.
Corrective action: Try the following:
1. Reseat printer’s formatter (do this by loosening the formatter screws, disconnect and
reconnect the formatter, and tighten the screws again).
2. Replace the Formatter Board see Formatter on page 290
NOTE: For Revision B printers the Formatter and Hard Disk are replaced as a single
part,
3. Replace the HDD, see Hard Disk Drive on page 296
NOTE: For Revision B printers the Formatter and Hard Disk are replaced as a single
part,
4. Check connections of USB cable from Engine PCA to Interconnect PCAs.
5. Replace the Interconnect PCA, see Interconnect PCA on page 316.
6. Replace the Touch Control Panel Touch Control Panel on page 429
7. Check the event log at the EWS support pages to see if there is another SE (for instance
07:10) and troubleshoot the problem more accurately.Appendix C: Obtaining the product
log and the diagnostics package on page 75

HP Recommended

One of the main questions asked by HP tech (LOL) support is ...is the plotter plugged into a wall plug. Otherwise, we have this problem with another customer Laser printer, and downloading firmware to a zip drive, the plugging it into the control panel as its starting.

After the firmware (HP has a big problem with its software, no surprise, for years) installed, jobs from two days ago, started to print out.

try simple first.

New technology (touch screen) is cute..but buttons work better!

Technician
HP Recommended

Its up to us field techs to correct HP screw ups! Thats what I get paid for. As mentioned: they have had a BIG problem with their software. So whoever designs the software, should flogged or fired! As Trump famous: YOUR FIRED!

Technician
HP Recommended

If after all the above has failed, contact me for a working solution.

I was an HP Customer Engineer from 1995-2002.
During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.