Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem started a while ago. The machine kept having an error telling me that there was a Media Load Fail. The long explanation after basically said that it could not detect the paper. I had a service guy come in and he told me that it was the print head. So I replaced the printhead. Since then it worked but intermittently gave me the same issue. Ive looked online and Ive checked the connector to the paper load sensor. Ive also done a hard reset and checked for updates for the firmware. Nothing seems to be working and today the printer just refuses to detect the paper at all. I see that there is a yellow light that comes on when the printhead moves when the paper begins to load and I am wondering if there is another sensor that is supposed to detect when this light changes in the presense of paper or not? If so, could the sensor need cleaning and how can I do this?

Please help- this printer provides my livelihood and Im stuck without it. Also, the repair people here cost a ridiculous amount of money that I cant really afford right now.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You could have an issue with the carriage line sensor. The sensor is composed of two items. It shines a light down and the light is reflected back by the media so it can find the edge of the media. The light does reflect back from black. If you see the light, then it is possible the receptor is blocked or defective. Below is an attachment telling you how to clean the sensor and if that should fail I would think you need to replace the sensor.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your response. I have cleaned the sensor and it seems to be picking up the paper again. I really appreciate your help! :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.