Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

So I replaced the encoder strip, no problem and started to run the calibrations. OK so when I power it up it goes through the scroll 100%
and starts the initialize part. It checks for paper and asks for it if not loaded. Then it checks it and knows if it is skewed. Then it wants
to cut the paper. It goes over to get the cutter and does a double bump and leaves the cutter behind. Then it goes to return the cutter
and does a single bump and picks it up. As it goes in to the svc station it stops with an 86:01 code. It does this consistently.
With the window sensor tripped and the window open I can manually make the cutter unlatch from the carriage and it acts normal.
I thought I will run the calibrations so it will know where it is at. It passed the 3 service station calibrations.
It errored out with a 58:11 code ESP fail during the carriage test. So I turned it off when that window was displayed and it passed the carriage
calibration. Ran the ESP cal and it passed. Don't know if it's on or off at this point. Move on to scan axis.
It passed the star wheel lifter. During the PRS test it gave a message "position unknown".
Tried the line sensor and got this message "line sensor to black fail, return error 1".
It also failed the cutter test, like it did not know how to pick up the cutter it did the double bump and left it behind.
I did get it to print an alignment image but it did the double bump and left the cutter behind.

This machine is running me in circles. Can someone help me out of this loop? I think once I can get the thing to initialize without the 86:01 code
it would finish the others. It still acts like it does not know where the carriage is. I say this because it picks up the cutter at the wrong time and
jams the carriage as it try's to enter the svc station.
I also got a couple of other codes. 58:11 color sensor ESP and a 42:10 high friction error. And I did lube the guide rod with 3 in 1 oil. A very lite coat.

I'm sure I have the correct encoder strip.  I compared it to the old one.  This was last week and the packaging has been thrown

out.

Also this site has got me going too.  I had trouble logging on and had to use 1copydude1.  The customer and I are

pulling our hair out on this problem I need a solution asap if anyone has a suggestion, I would like to hear it.

Thanks

1copydude

HP Recommended

I'm trying not to shot gun this call, but will if I have to.  Someone suggested the carriage PCB.  What do you think?

Thanks 1copydude

HP Recommended

I have a Z3200A 44" I could never be able to load paper to perform printhead alignment, after initiazed & service station

moved to left, tiny shake    86:01 error. been few years & have not touch it, because I have 4 machines total & do not bother me.

It should be the scan axis motor problem, same as my last Z3100 44" I repaired.

I doubt    pcb          gave your errors.  the scan axis were same as the one from dj500/dj800 & see can you find one to try.

should be simple, after lower the belt, unscrew few screws on motor & take it out.

Do not take out whole belt, simply unscrew the left big screw slowly & relieve tention , just enough to take out belt

from motor. This step will save you time & efforts...

No garrantee work or not... for your reference only..   good luck.

HP Recommended

First I ran the paper drive and it passed. I have all the numbers written down if needed just ask. I ran all the tests without paper. It also passed the star wheel lifter test.
It passed the PRS test.

This time when going into the diagnostic menu a small box was displayed to the right of the scroll bar and it had its own count down or up to 100%. It also had the letters
FSCK in the lower portion. What is that all about?

The scan axis test ran til it got to the "is the carriage in the middle?" part. The carriage would move past the control panel about 6 or 8 inches then move to about 4" away from
the service station and ask the question "Is the carriage in the middle?". I said "NO", it gave me an error code of 42:10 high friction fail. Which sez replace the scan axis motor.
when it asked is the carriage in the middle, to me the middle is the control panel. Is that where it is supposed to stop?

Re ran it again, this time the little box with the letters FSCK did not appear. Got to the question about the middle and said yes. I moved the carriage the 10 spaces with the buttons
and got a max and min movement numbers. It said the encoder feedback seems ok.
It did the right and left bump and gave the error 87:11, "Fail, scan axis length to short" and the number 1068960. "Needs mechanical repair", fail scan axis encoder reading.

I checked the encoder strip and there are 3 holes on the left end. 1 for the screw and 2 for the location bumps and one hole on the right end for the spring. I can re-order the strip
from a different vendor, but this one seem to fit. On the left end the part with the lines goes all the way to the belt tensioner and the right end the portion with the lines stop about
3" from the end but I can see the encoder sensor is still on the part with the lines.
This call is burning me out **bleep** is going on? And why did this happen? I have cleaned and vacuumed other plotters and replaced encoder strips and svc stations and belt and carriages
before and never had this much trouble.

only 2.5 years til I retire, can't wait

DR

HP Recommended

On my last visit I got some numbers off of the encoder strip. Nothing that looks like the part number I ordered.
I did check my notes and did not get the number wrong. I ordered the strip from PartsNow.com.
The number off the strip is CH538-80002 0110 and GMNA22.
I also ran the scan axis diagnostic again and it said the scan axis length is to short.

The part number I ordered was Q6677-60024. 

If it thinks the length is to short, wouldn't that come from counting the encoder strip. 

May be the sensor?

CD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.