Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

This is my second time my black ink cartridges giving this kind of error despite of being genuine product bought from HP accessories. It's showing my catridge is incompatible with my printer however 678 is designated with it, which I've already confirmed from HP help services. 

Also note, I've already looked into HP Support docs and guidelines available in this context, completing all of the methods they've mentioned lately not working for me.

Arnab Nandy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@arnabnandy7

Thank you for responding,

I have sent out a private message to address your concern,

Since the device is not within the warranty anymore, I've sent out the link to find the nearest centers to have your device repaired via HP authorized centers.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@arnabnandy7

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting incompatible ink cartridges error and you have tried all the troubleshooting steps.

Did you update the printer firmware?

Refer this HP document to update the printer firmware:- Click here

If the issue still persists, I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Sandy,

I've already checked that by scan doctor, the firmware version is latest.

Arnab Nandy
HP Recommended

@arnabnandy7

Thank you for responding,

I have sent out a private message to address your concern,

Since the device is not within the warranty anymore, I've sent out the link to find the nearest centers to have your device repaired via HP authorized centers.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello HP Team,

I bought my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545 in India. The cartridge number there was 678. But now I am in Sweden and here the cartridge number for this model is 650. I bought that but the printer says that it is incompatible.

Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.