Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Latex 315
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No matter what size I print, when it's coming out of the printer to dry, the heat is puckering the vinyl and it lifts up high enough to get the ink scraped off and also high enough that the print head assembly catches the side and rips/jams up. I never have this problem, but the last 2 weeks have been horrible with it. Using Arlon DPF 510 and DPF 4500 series. A rep from a company that sells the printers said my profile is too hot and putting down to much ink. (230 degrees, 110% density, 10 pass), but my other profiles are all about the same and this is what I've been printing on, and with, for several years with no issues. The only thing I can think is Arlon is using a newer, thinner liner, that's susceptible to the heat of a latex printer? I don't know... I'm scratching my head and in desperate need of help asap.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi wickedmc

You may try to make a profile specifically for this substrate or just trying to stick a leading stripes from self adhesive material and pull until it comes out  clean and flat, raising vacuum at first also, or lower the temp at the beginning and then raising it again manually if possible...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.