Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet xxxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

does anybody know what is the maximum page length when printing on some of newer models of DesignJet (T525, T630, T1700 etc.) from the paper roll and using HPGL or HPGL/2 language?

On older models (HP DnJ 430/450, HP DnJ 500/520) it was more than 15 meters.

This information is very important for the user because he wants to print "lay-outs" of garment pieces for effective cutting of textile materials.

Thank you in advance for any answer

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You will need to check in the printer's specifications for each model. For a T525 maximum length is 1897 mm

https://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/4AA7-5204EEP.pdf 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hello,

thank you very much for your reply. 

I've checked the printer's specification more than twice. But I found this 1897mm in category "Sheet size". But I would like to know what is the length limit for print when printing on roll. (Only roll width is given in the specification.)

As far as I remember old DesignJets (DnJ 430/450/500/520) were able make prints more than 15meters long (when printing to roll).  

This feature is crucial for printing from CAD systems for garment industry.

Do you think there is any HP DesignJet printer able to print such long prints to paper roll?

HP Recommended

You might try downloading the driver for one of those printers and load it onto your computer.  Then take a look at the preference pages and set up a custom size and see if you get any warnings.  I just did it on my computer (win 7 x64) and set up a custom page of 44" width and 1444" length (120 feet).  It gave no warnings and didn't default to it's max size, whatever that is.  When I asked it to print, it gave no messages, other than the error generated since I don't have that printer connected to my computer.

I looked at the spec sheet also and couldn't find anything either but I had this same problem with a T1200.  It would only print up to about 6' in length.  We found a work-around by loading a driver for a Designjet 5500 and used that and it worked great.  We could print up to 150 feet.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.