Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T630 24"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new HP Designjet T630 24" not printing full width from Autocad. (13.5" instead of 24").  It's happened on one computer in office and only from Autocad. Other computers are plotting full width. I tried to delete and install plotter and driver, but without result.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @Hendler .

If this only happens from one computer and from all others it works fine then you discarded a printer issue, in this case if you made sure that the latest driver is installed so I guess that maybe the AutoCAD version in this specific pc has some type of issue and I will suggest you as workaround saving your files to pdf and printing then in that way.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

It is same printer driver and same Autocad version on all computers in our office.

I made clear delete of driver from my computer and installed it again but with same result.

HP Recommended

Hello @Hendler 

Try this please:

From AutoCAD once you open a file go to the printer's properties and click the gear icon in the upper left to access its preferences then select under Max. application resolution 300 and try plotting.

HarryCR_0-1608815093848.png

Regards.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hello, Harry.

It's work with 300 dpi  only, but I need to preview printing, because it's not work right every time. I hope HP will solves this problem.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

Hello @Hendler.

Good to know that in 300dpi it is working, I know that HP is working in the preview, hopefully they will release a new functional preview soon.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hello.

Same happens on T650, brand new printer and never managed to print full width. It prints like ~35cm from left side and then cuts everything else off.

So, do I understand that preview software wont work if you set 300 dpi?

HP Recommended

Hi @arneefreeman .

Does the preview work for you? What I meant is that to resolve the issue where the printer cuts the jobs off is to set the dpi to 300.

Can you test it, would you mind setting the Max Resolution to 300pdi and submit a job tell me if the did preview show up for you?

Thank you.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Today tried the 300dpi settings and no more cut-offs, everything is as expected. However.. I would say that this is only a workaround and the problem still persists.

HP Recommended

Hello @arneefreeman 

I understand you and yes, this is a workaround, I hope that HP will fix everything in a new driver release until that happens I will suggest you keep applying the workaround.

Regards. 

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.