Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am looking for a printer with which I can work from home. It must be high volume, have the ability to scan, print in black and white as well as color, and be able to print standard letter size sheets as well as 11” X 17” sheets. I need help locating the proper model as none seem to check every box. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You need to answer a couple of questions:

Define high volume- I have a client with a 20k dollar machine in his house because he has the volume. How many pages so you print per year or month.

Laser or inkjet?

Do you need multi-function?

Is 11x17 the largest size? I ask because the forum you posted in is dedicated to printers capable of at 24 inch wide printing. 11x17 is not considered wide format in the printing world.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

500-1000 pages per month. Whichever (inkjet or laser) is more economical. 11X17 is the largest I need to print. Everywhere else online seems to classify this as large format - sorry if I am in the wrong room. I do need to be able to print wirelessly and scan up to 11X17. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

For 11x17 laser the smallest HP unit would be the M775 but you would need to add wireless.

In inkjet a model like the 7740 would fit the bill, you could also look at an A3 pagewide, faster inkjet printer with much lower cost per page than the 7740,  like the P779.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.