Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We have just bought a new printer, MFP M277dw, but we have problem with the paper load.

When trying to do the first printout, it says "load paper" even though we have filled the main tray (tray 2) with papers.

When trying to load one paper to the single tray (tray 1) we get "paper jam" and that paper has to be removed.

What can be wrong?

Kind regards,

Kajsa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lavendel

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you get the message - "load paper" on your new printer,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check the paper and then reload it?

Have you checked the input tray settings to avoid such issues?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend you do:

View this video on YouTube.

Step 1: Check the paper, and then reload it

Paper feed issues might result from using ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper. The quality of the paper can also make a difference. Use these guidelines to help avoid the issue.

• Use only good quality paper that meets printer specifications.

• Store all paper in a dry, cool place. Paper feed issues occur more often in humid environments.

• Do not print on paper that is already printed. The dampness of the ink can cause the paper to stick together.

• Wait for the printer to complete a job or to display an Out of paper or Load Paper message before you reload the paper.

Make sure the paper you are using is in good condition, it is stacked neatly in the tray, and the paper path and tray are free from obstructions.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cable from the rear of the printer.

3. Pull the main input tray (Tray 2) toward you to open it.

Figure : Pull out the main input tray (Tray 2)

Image: Pull out the main input tray
  4. Remove any paper from Tray 2, and then examine the condition of the paper:

• Replace any ripped, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper.

• Avoid printing on paper that is dusty. Reload paper that has been in Tray 2 for a long time.

• Make sure that all the paper in the stack is the same size and type. The printer can only process one type of paper at a time.

5. Check for any obstructions inside the priority input feed slot (Tray 1) and Tray 2.

Figure : Locations of Tray 1 and Tray 2

1. Priority feed slot (Tray 1)

2. Main input tray (Tray 2)

6. If you find any obstructions inside Tray 1 or Tray 2, skip to the step to clean the paper feed and pick rollers.

7. Pull Tray 2 out of the printer.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lavendel

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you get the message - "load paper" on your new printer,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check the paper and then reload it?

Have you checked the input tray settings to avoid such issues?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend you do:

View this video on YouTube.

Step 1: Check the paper, and then reload it

Paper feed issues might result from using ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper. The quality of the paper can also make a difference. Use these guidelines to help avoid the issue.

• Use only good quality paper that meets printer specifications.

• Store all paper in a dry, cool place. Paper feed issues occur more often in humid environments.

• Do not print on paper that is already printed. The dampness of the ink can cause the paper to stick together.

• Wait for the printer to complete a job or to display an Out of paper or Load Paper message before you reload the paper.

Make sure the paper you are using is in good condition, it is stacked neatly in the tray, and the paper path and tray are free from obstructions.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cable from the rear of the printer.

3. Pull the main input tray (Tray 2) toward you to open it.

Figure : Pull out the main input tray (Tray 2)

Image: Pull out the main input tray
  4. Remove any paper from Tray 2, and then examine the condition of the paper:

• Replace any ripped, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper.

• Avoid printing on paper that is dusty. Reload paper that has been in Tray 2 for a long time.

• Make sure that all the paper in the stack is the same size and type. The printer can only process one type of paper at a time.

5. Check for any obstructions inside the priority input feed slot (Tray 1) and Tray 2.

Figure : Locations of Tray 1 and Tray 2

1. Priority feed slot (Tray 1)

2. Main input tray (Tray 2)

6. If you find any obstructions inside Tray 1 or Tray 2, skip to the step to clean the paper feed and pick rollers.

7. Pull Tray 2 out of the printer.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for this, it now works!

Kind regards,

Kajsa

HP Recommended

@Lavendel

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards identifying and leading you towards the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions,

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.