Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 7740
iOS

I was trying to print on 100# cardstock, and kept getting paper jams. I “solved” that problem by printing on my laser instead.

However, I also need to print on a piece of Cricut sticker paper. As it is inkjet only, I can’t just switch to the other printer. The sticker paper doesn’t list a weight or GSM but it would be a bit lighter than the 100# cardstock. 

I’ve looked online and in the forums and can’t find a answer. While this is a wide format printer, the media I’m trying to print on is only 8.5” x 11”.

I’d really appreciate any help!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@therealmizlilly

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand you need support and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Which applications are using to print?

How is the printer connected, USB or wireless?

Does the print picks up the Cricut sticker paper?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I’m trying to print from iBooks on my iPad. I am not understanding why that matters, since the print command is being received by the printer, it picks up either paper, and then it jams on its way through the paper path. I thought I’d included this info in my original message.

the connection is wireless.

in the old days some printers, including I think two HP’s I owned, would have an alternate and straighter paper path that would not curl the paper around. Instead it would exit almost straight through the back of the printer. That option, if a ailabe, would likely solve my problem.

HP Recommended

@therealmizlilly

You are welcome!

Adjusting the print settings and cleaning the paper feed rollers may resolve the issue, try these steps:

1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector

2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door

3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)

4) Clean the paper feed roller, refer to step 2 from this document.

5) Plug the power cord back into the printer

6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.

7) For best results, remove all paper from your printer tray 1, then put one sheet of sticker paper in the printer at a time.

😎 Set your Media type to Card 

9) Set the Source to Tray 1

10) Set the Size to Letter.

11) Try to print.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I just spent time doing a virtual chat with hp and they fixed it.  I had to run 50 blank copies through of plain paper first to get wheels ready and they said it makes them more sensitive.  Then I ran 5 blank copies of card stock through.  Now I can copy and print on card stock!  Yeah!  So relieved.  That’s why I got a two tray printer!  

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks Luminamined - I'm trying to do the same. How do you force the 7740 to feed blank pages? Mine will only do that if I'm trying to print something..

HP Recommended

Hey HighOctanePhoto, I know your message is a month old, so you've probably figured it out, but I'm leaving this in case anyone else has the issue.

Using which ever program you normally use to make your documents, just make a new blank document (no headers or footers, etc.). Once you have it open, simply use your print dialogue to print one to make sure its coming out blank, next tell it to make 50 copies.  I was having the same issue and I was super happy that this was such an easy fix, I'm printing heavyweight papers easy peasy now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.