Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T520 24"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

For 3 month (in and out) i have tried to solve a problem with a brand new T520 DesignJet printer.

I want to print A1 drawings from autocad. or other programs,

Pressently a EXCEL sheet that i like to print in A1 format, EXCEL. Selecting the plotter and paper A1 looks perfect, The  shows the print page with A1 paper and all looks perfect.

The printer happily prints but only the upper left A4 area are printed.

The same goes with Autocad or any other program.

I run the plotter via USB and it easely install it self, but will not show inklevel or other information on the printer app in windows 10.

Anny sugestions, but soon it will go in the bin.

Regards paul 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Download latest driver from HP, don't use generic windows embedded driver.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi Valsimot

I have tried many things.

The firmware is automatically checked by the plotter.

Ive tried with new driver from HP

Ive resistalled windows

Tried with a new windovs 10 labtop no change.

I can save the EXCEL file as a PDF in A1 on my OneDrive and retrieve it on HP android print APP and the plot it in A1. That works.

Spooler knows A1 format

Strange though is that the plotter app cannot shov ink levels or other informations, or the driver cannot find it when i searches USB , LAN or WIFI for the plotter, But after a hard reset on the plotter windows can find it and install it.

I simply cannot figure out the missing link

regards paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.