Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Smart Stream with Pagewide XL 5000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have several machines that I oversee where the users are  trying to use the HP SmartStream software (v7.5.0.310) to send print jobs to a Pagewide XL 5000. They set up the job and then click on the print button. From there it goes into the queue. The job then hangs with a "Waiting to process in printer" message. Eventually the job times out with an error, "Printer Error: Job moved to "History"". This does not occurr on every machine that SmartStream is installed on. Also those machines having the issue can see the consumable and printer statuses in SmartStream. Those same machines can also print directly to the pagewide with out any issues.

I've done just about everything I can think of, including uninstalling and reinstalling SmartStream. The end result each time is still the same. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thought I'd post an update. The issue was isolated to the security software that my company uses. Evidently there were some changes to the firewall backend and it started blocking submissions to the printer via SmartStream. After working with the IT department and the security vendor the issue was isolated and rectified. I'm happy to report that I can print using SmartStream once again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thought I'd post an update. The issue was isolated to the security software that my company uses. Evidently there were some changes to the firewall backend and it started blocking submissions to the printer via SmartStream. After working with the IT department and the security vendor the issue was isolated and rectified. I'm happy to report that I can print using SmartStream once again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.