Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Used my large format T120 printer about ten times.  Sat for a couple months.  Went back to use again and I just get a dialogue on the screen that says "Tehere is a problem with the printer or ink system.  Turn printer off, then on.If problem persists, contact HP".  I've replaced the ink, pulled the print head and reinstalled, getting the same message.  Any suggestions before I have to spend money with HP to find out why their very expensive printer worked ten times and quit?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are two possibilities of this issue

1. Firmware issue

2. Print head issue

please check firmware and update it, if it does not  resolve then change the print head.

HP Recommended

Did the firmware update with no luck. New print head is over $200.  Pretty rediculous expense for a printer used a few times.  Easier for me to just go to Staples and print.  Pretty sad that HP products are so poorly built.  $1000+ for trash.

Thank you for the reply though!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.