Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've done everything HP has told me to do... firmware, cleaning, and replace printhead and all the ink cartridges... so after $$$$ no resolve... anybody got any answers.... getting ready to put it in the trash...I'm at my wits end, thank you HP.. for nothing but taking my money.... 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This has happened to me once. I did, (using the service menu), a "Hard Reset".  This must be done with all carts and the head in-place. When you turn it on it says "Preparing Printer" ?  If not, do the carts fly up and down at all, because if they're stuck for any reason that will give the message you got.

Are all carts in perfect condition, with no bad contacts between cart contacts and head positions.

If not, when I got it it was a bad cartridge.

HP Recommended

Good Day!

Could you provide me the Model number of the T120,  so i can look in to the issue.

HP Recommended

I replaced all the cartridges, to the tune of $130...then I took all the cartridges out and put  a new printer underneath the cartridges, that worked !!!!! HP doesn't want them to have but so much life, very sneaky.

HP Recommended

Good morning,

I suggest to perform below fixs:

Update the firmware to the latest version: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t120-printer/5263073 .

select the correct revision: its the last character of the plotter product number.

from Support Menu: how to access: enter into the support menu by pressing the power button for 15 seconds.

Perform OOBE Reset from Support Menu: 

1. Scroll down to Resets, and then touch Reset OOBE.

Perform Hard Reset :

1. Scroll down to Resets, and then touch Hard reset.
  2. Enter the password 3746 when prompted to initiate the hard reset.

Perform Printhead startup condition  : 

1. Access 3.5 'Reset PHA Startup Condition'.
  2. Type 'PIN' number 2873, and select OK.
  3. if failed the plotter needs a service repair.

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.