Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DESIGNJET T1300

I have two plotters with the same problem, a DesignJet T1300 and another T2300, the problem started when I changed the printheads (due to poor quality), after making this change and trying to align the printheads, I always get the “scanner error” because the alignment pattern is not printed correctly, most of the time it only prints the line that is shown in image 1.

IMAGE 1.jpeg

In other occasions the impression that is obtained is as shown in image 2,

IMAGE 2.jpeg

where it is observed that some lines are not printed compared to the print pattern shown in Image 3,

IMAGE 3.jpeg

which was obtained with the same printhead, but installed on a designjet T1100 plotter; this last printout shows that the printhead is working properly and is not the reason for the failure. I have tried to run the printhead alignment process using different types of paper, with the plotter cover closed and open, always getting the same result and “scanner error”.

Similarly, when I try to print the diagnostic image, it is printed incomplete; The same thing happens when I try to print the “paper advance calibration” pattern and the “line sensor” pattern, since the latter two are printed incomplete.

The actions I have tried are:

• Replace “formater” with a new part.
  • Replace new hard drive.
  • I installed “line sensor” that I take from a T1100 plotter.
  • I tried to run head alignment with old firmware (that came on the new hard drive).
  • Update the firmware to the latest version.
  • I replaced the new carriage card, after this change only once the diagnostic image was completely printed and the alignment pattern print went a little further than in the previous occasions; but then the original error remains.
  • Carriage belt is in good condition and properly tensioned.
  • Carriage is well lubricated.

I find myself desperate and without new ideas for a solution.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks a lot,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Have you considered replacing carriage PCA?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.