Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

T1300 Rev. B hangs at 1% then throws up 08:11, formatter LED light I is "on", others II & III are "off". I know this indicates possibly a bad formatter or possibly other things. I have tried reinstalling firmware from USB port and reseating the formatter many times and cleaning its contacts. Cables and connections appear OK.

I confess I feel stupid for mixing and matching parts between 2 - T1300s. I have 2 T1300s (1-Rev. A & 1-Rev. B), and I mixed and matched formatters and formatters and hard drives (MY MISTAKE) for a few to several seconds while booting up to try to narrow the problem down to the hard drive or formatter, and now BOTH present a hang at 1% and then 08:11 and formatter light I on, others off. Perhaps I screwed up the interconnect board on both by mixing and matching the formatters and hard drives. (I assume they share similar data in both the formatter and interconnect board.)

After having done the above, I had a spare new unused hard drive on hand CR650-67001 (a several years old hard drive) which I tried on the T1300 Rev. B. It started up but threw up 08:04.1 and then 79:04. I switched it off in back, unplugged and restarted. But it came back to the original problem--hang at 1% and then 08:11 with formatter light I on and other lights off.

Finally I placed the working Rev. A T1300 hard drive onto the non-working Rev. B T1300's formatter board. It started booting up--got up to 20%, 28%, etc. I shut it off, thinking that that booting progression indicated that the Rev. B T1300 had a bad hard drive. I put the Rev. A T1300's hard drive back in it. Now the Rev. A T1300 that was working does the same--hangs at 1% and then throws up 08:11 and has formatter LED I "on" and II & III "off". Maybe I just have 3 hard drives that have happened to fail around the same time, but that seems very unlikely, but they are all at least several years old.

I MAY have to replace all hard drives and interconnect boards. I don't know. Not sure what to do now.

What do you think?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Both T1300 printers had bad hard drives. Hard drives replacments fixed them. (After hard drive installation, be sure to only turn off the printer with the hard power switch (back) and unplug after the initial 79:04 error. And after that only press OK or turn off and on with the soft (front) power button after receiving the 08:04.1 error.)

So be leary of the solution path presented in the manual. It indicates that one should replace the formatter among trying/doing other things for system error 08:11 and formatter light pattern:  LED I = ON, and LED II & III = OFF.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here is the 08:11 troubleshooting from the service manual

System Error: 08:11

Problem Description: No communication between the product and the Touch Control Panel.
Corrective action: Try the following:
  1. Check the event log at the EWS support pages to see if there is another SE (for instance 07:10) and troubleshoot the problem more accurately.
  2. Check the LED’s on the formatter to see if there is another issue and troubleshoot it more accurately.
  3. Turn off the product and turn on again, and check to see if the error remains.
  4. Upgrade the firmware.
  5. Check the condition of the USB cable, check it is not damaged or incorrectly connected. Reconnect USB cable (from Engine PCA to the Interconnect PCA or from Interconnect PCA to the Touch Control Panel.
  6. Replace the USB cable.
  7. Replace the Interconnect PCA.
  8. Replace the Engine PCA.
  9. If the error continues, replace the Touch Control Panel
If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Both T1300 printers had bad hard drives. Hard drives replacments fixed them. (After hard drive installation, be sure to only turn off the printer with the hard power switch (back) and unplug after the initial 79:04 error. And after that only press OK or turn off and on with the soft (front) power button after receiving the 08:04.1 error.)

So be leary of the solution path presented in the manual. It indicates that one should replace the formatter among trying/doing other things for system error 08:11 and formatter light pattern:  LED I = ON, and LED II & III = OFF.

HP Recommended

Pbrooks259, if I understand you correctly, there is only one version of the hard disk.

And it works in both the Rev. A and Rev. B boards.

Is that what you concluded?

I was an HP Customer Engineer from 1995-2002.
During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
HP Recommended

Yes, I concluded that I could repair both A and B revisions T1300s with this same hard drive. (At least I know I had 2 bad hard drives and this hard drive replacement below fixed both.):

CR647-67030 HP DESIGNJET T790 T795 T1300 SATA HDD with Firmware

And as best I could tell the formatter boards had the SAME part numbers.

So MAYBE HP is trying to make more money selling both the hard drive and formatter board together for the Revision B T1300.

HP Recommended

My understanding is that HP originally only sold the Rev. A board with the hard disk.

The later Rev. B board sold without the hard disk.

Good to know that both boards use the same hard disk.

I was an HP Customer Engineer from 1995-2002.
During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.