Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T3500

Our T3500 printer will randomly unload our paper rolls without prompting. Is this a defect or something we are doing wrong on our end. Relatively new and still learning how to use, etc... I have looked at the manual but with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : Roll Unloading

Problem Description: While roll swap media will not place in parking position.

The possible cause could be: Rewinder Motor

Corrective Action:
1. Kindly perform Hard Disk recovery
Entering the Diagnostics Menu when booting the printer
1. Make sure the product is switched off with the Power key on the side of the Touch Screen Panel, and not
with the power switch on the back of the product.
2. Press and release the Power key to switch on the product.
3. Wait for the Home button to come on.
4. Press the Home button; the button acknowledges by flashing.
5. All LED come on. Press and release them, one after another:
● The Cancel icon
● The Home icon
● The Help icon
NOTE: Do not push the icons all at the same time, push each one in the order shown above and release
each icon before pressing on the next icon.
6. The 6 buttons on the Front Panel will then blink twice; then wait until the product completes the
initialization sequence and shows the Diagnostics menu.
7. In the Diagnostics menu scroll up and down sliding the finger vertically on the Front Panel and press on the
desired option.
2. Update latest Firmware.
https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-t3500-production-multifuncti...

3. Still issue present then repalce the both Rewinder Motor

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.

HP Recommended

Dear HP Customer,

To resolve the roll unloading issue, please use the below link to download and upgrade the firmware of the printer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-t3500-production-multifuncti...

After upgrading the firmware, please enable Disable Core detached detection functionality. This new functionality is available under the service menu (Service menu >Utilities > Disable core detached detection).

Also please run rewinder adjust for both rool 1 and roll 2. This is also available under, service menu (Service menu >Utilities > rewinder adjust).

Regards,

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.