Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My Designjet T830 was working well for over a year. 

Then all of the sudden a paper mismatch is coming up everytime i print and the printer wont allow me to print A1.

The printer is paper mismatch error states I need a 841mm roll which I have a 596mm roll installed.

This error has never been an issue before.

I have tried reintalled dirvers, changing settings on printer to auto rotate/A1 roll, reinstalled firmware, restarted both computer and printer. and unplugging printer for 60secs.

Still no luck getting the error to go away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Phil.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Phil,

Not sure if this will help you but I was having the same issue and now it is fixed. All I did was go into the printer preferences/properties and change the "Roll width" setting from "From printer" to "24 inches". After doing that it seems to work out that it has to rotate to fit the sheet on. I have left the "Rotation" setting as "Autorotate".

Seems like it was trying to print the A1 Long edge first because it was getting confused about what roll width to expect or something.

Hope this helps,

James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.