Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T930
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning. The problem started with error 89:03, the stacker ramps motor. The error come up everytime the plotter starts. So i have replaced the stacker ramps motor and then made the necessary calibrations. Now the machine starts up and error 89:03 is gone. Anyway, error 79.2:04 started to came up randomly, sometimes when printing, or during paper loading. Looking inside log files, this error started to show with error 89:03. Now i think these errors are not related, and are 2 different problems.

As for the manual, error 79 is something generic and possibly related to the firmware. At this point I have tried updating the firmware from usb but, after the firmware check it says there is not enough space, From the auto update menu it says there is't a new firmware. 7_03_01 installed, 7_05_01 on the website.

Any help will be very appreciated

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Issue overview
System Error 79.02:04 appears while the printer is idle or when booting. The issue is caused because the printer is trying to access an HP URL that is no longer valid. 
Solution only momentarily
As solution, a .tpw file has been released to avoid the URL from being accessed from these printers. To install the .tpw file, you can follow this  methods:
Method  : EWS
1. Access the printer’s EWS.   by accessing it  through internet browser  and using url the ip of the plotter

2. go to submit job  select the file attached twp  
3. Print the file as a job.

printer will restart

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello 

I repair this problem replacinng HDD with  firmware like from factory 

Like this one 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284088056317

virgin type

HP Recommended

Some of the 79.2:04 errors are coming from a resent Windows 10 update. From HP support they sent a .tpw file that once installed cleared up the 792:04 errors. Its worked on 3 or 4 machines in the last week. 

HP Recommended

Hi. Thank you for your reply.

Now I'm double checking with my customer to troubleshot further this error. As soon as possible I'll do more service tests and contact my local HP support.

Thank you again.

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

Dear Sir

the error  79.2:04 is related to the new updated firmware and need a patch tpw file

but it is a network problem that you can still find a solution by rewinding to older  firmware to 6006.1.1   and performing a  reset the eeprom .

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the advice. Yesterday I did firmware upgrade to 07_05_01, alongside a complete checkup of the e-box components, contacts cleaning, file system check and HDD format, even eeprom reset. Nothing changed. I thought it was a network issue so I changed cables and switch without luck.

Do anyone know where can this TPW file be found? meanwhile I'll search the old firmware as suggested

Thank you

HP Recommended

Issue overview
System Error 79.02:04 appears while the printer is idle or when booting. The issue is caused because the printer is trying to access an HP URL that is no longer valid. 
Solution only momentarily
As solution, a .tpw file has been released to avoid the URL from being accessed from these printers. To install the .tpw file, you can follow this  methods:
Method  : EWS
1. Access the printer’s EWS.   by accessing it  through internet browser  and using url the ip of the plotter

2. go to submit job  select the file attached twp  
3. Print the file as a job.

printer will restart

HP Recommended

Thank you Chris. 

Patch done. Now the printer is working and under test.

Thanks everyone.

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

This appears to have worked for a T2500 as well giving the same error.

HP Recommended

Thanks for this! It fixed the issue we were having with our T930.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.