Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

In Windows 10 x64, I assume the Win XP or Vista x64 driver works for the 105Xcx but I'm not 100%. Does it? I know it seems to work for Win 7 & 8.1.  This driver file is entitled:  hpdj1000wx64glen.exe

And are there any tricks to getting it to work if it does? I know there may be the "signed" or "verified" driver issue.... I usually F8 on startup and make the proper selection.

Thanks.

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Windows XP 64-bit driver "hpdj1000wx64glen.exe" seems to work fine In Windows 10 64-bit for the DesignJet 1050C and 1055CM--64-bit hp-gl/2 driver. I didn't have to override or defeat the "signed" driver requirement. The driver was deemed "signed" by Windows 10.

I only printed pdf files. A little slow in color in "normal" print setting printing a detailed color map but "fast draft" seemed fast enough and looked acceptable although of course lighter color.

The XP 64-bit driver I have is version 4.91.0.0.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Also, I need to be sure I have a driver that will work in Win 8.1 x64 for  a 1050C Plus. I was thinking the hpdj1000wx64glen driver would work but I'm not 100%.

Got a customer that says is using Win 8.1 x64 and 10 x64, so I've got to get the 1050C Plus to work with both 8.1 and 10.

Thanks for anything whatsoever. Again I'm thinking the old Win XP x64 or Vista x64 drivers would work but I'm not 100%.

Any help is appreciated. Don't want to show up and do a lot of head scratching--bald enough.

Paul

HP Recommended

Anyone know of a driver for the designjet 105Xcx that will work with Windows 10 x64? Again, I assume the Win XP x64 driver would work, but assume one may have to override or defeat the "signed" driver requirement.

HP Recommended

The Windows XP 64-bit driver "hpdj1000wx64glen.exe" seems to work fine In Windows 10 64-bit for the DesignJet 1050C and 1055CM--64-bit hp-gl/2 driver. I didn't have to override or defeat the "signed" driver requirement. The driver was deemed "signed" by Windows 10.

I only printed pdf files. A little slow in color in "normal" print setting printing a detailed color map but "fast draft" seemed fast enough and looked acceptable although of course lighter color.

The XP 64-bit driver I have is version 4.91.0.0.

HP Recommended

Paul:

Thanks for following up on this issue.  I have a 1050c at home I'm restoring and now know I can test it using Win 10.

And if that driver works for the 1050c then I should be okay using it for Designjet 5000 and 5500 at work.  Plan to upgrade to Win 10 next week.

Thanks again!

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Yes, as a matter of fact Don, the Win XP x64 "hpdj5x00wx64glen.exe" driver that you sent me as well for the 5000 or 5500 seemed to work fine for a customer with a 5000 using Win 10 x64. Was having "data lost" problem but the customer did the following:

Printing Preferences--> Services--> Click on "Send Job as Bitmap (process in computer)"

which is what you recommended.

I've still not heard definitively from the customer that this helped solve the "data lost" problem, but I think it did. Have heard no more about the problem.

HP Recommended

Came across this post and wanted to add.  I recently moved a 1055CM into my office for work drawings and instead of installing a driver for the 1055CM, I used the 5500 driver that I already had on my computer.  It works just fine and gives a few more options than the original 1055CM driver.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

any chance you could share a link to that driver?  I can't get it to work and I wonder if I have a different versions.  I did get the 5500 driver to work, but I'm having issues with margins.  Thanks!

EDITED: I found the driver, but it will not work.  I get an error that says "function discovery print provider dll has stopped working"

Any ideas?   Thank you!

HP Recommended

omg it worked!  I don't why it didn't in the past but I'm up and running.  thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.