Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet z3100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just installed a z3100 44" printer, I have an existing hp t795e that works but the z3100 connected either by ethernet or USB will not print. Documents show in the queue but that is as far as it gets. I cleared the queue and tried restarting, even a hard reset and still the same results. Photoshop (elements 7, 12 and CC) does not want anything to do with either printer now saying unable to print document. Not even foxit pdf reader can print to it.

on the odd occasion, it will print a test page when it feels like it. I will print internal prints and you can see the device via the web using the ethernet connection, everything looks fine but it just won't load prints. they stick in the document queue. it's driving me crazy!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Do you happen to have nesting turned on?

HP Recommended

Printer is new to me and I'm not sure how to access that

all my issues started when I installed the z3100, I already have a T795e which was working ok, things are getting worse daily, I now can't print to either printer with the exception of using hp click which apparently is only compatible with my T975. I am wondering if there is a major driver conflict between the two of them. On hp click, it says the z3100 is not compatible with that program so I am thinking the 2 machines will not work together.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.