Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z6200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

While troubleshooting "paper too big" when loading 60" paper, the line sensor calibration fails with code 55:11.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Creepy (so weird saying that),

To get in to the diagnostic menu try just pushing and releasing the power button while holding the other 2 as suggested.

Then run the scan axis and service station diagnostics as well as any others you deem necessary.

Just a thought, is this a new roll of 60" - have you measured it to confirm it's 60" - I' ve seen it .

Roy K

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Only thing I could find.

SE 55:10
Cause: Line Sensor communication failure
Solution: Try the following:
● Turn the power off at the rear of the printer and disconnect the power cord. Reconnect the power
cord and turn on the printer.
● Replace the Line Sensor Line Sensor Assembly on page 347.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response!

I powered down and unplugged the printer for 10 minutes, then turned it on an re-ran the Line Sensor Calibration. It passed this time.

Then, I tried to load the 60" paper and got the "paper too big" error again.

HP Recommended

Can you provide more information on the history. Have you always owned this printer and did it load 60" media before without issue?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've had this printer since it was new (4-5 years). As of two weeks ago, I was able to print on 60" stock just fine. There was one instance where someone else used the printer last week and loaded some glossy upside down (so the roll curled upwards on the tray), causing the head to rip the paper and jam. I carefully removed the jammed paper and performed a complete printhead realignment and then reloaded 60" paper and started getting the "paper too big" error.

HP Recommended

Just an update:

I've ordered a whole new line sensor assembly. I'll give it a try when it comes in.

HP Recommended

The one item never asked is wha happens if you load smaller media like 36"?

HP Recommended

Smaller media loads just fine. It's just 60" media that started not working recently.

HP Recommended

Then I doubt the line sensor is the issue since it is used for the smaller media. You may want to recheck the encoder strip that runs thru the carriage assembly and has fine lines on it. It is possiblle when the jam occured it put some ink on the strip so the plotter is confused about its position. Use a water dampened cloth to clean the encoder. Be careful not to rub to hard as I usually gently just move it over the complete length of the encoder from left to right and then move the carraige out of the way and get the area where the carriage is sitting in the service station. You will probably get a lot of black ink on the cloth. Be gentle and use a flashlight so you can really get a good look at the encoder strip. If the strip happened to be malformed by the jam then it is possible you may have to replace it. You can usually tell as there will be a sort of bent area that is not flat. I would also think the area of the encoder in question is probably to the left side since the right side is always a constant for the plotter to find the edge.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I'll give it a shot and get back to you. Unforuntately, I won't be back to the printer until Tuesday,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.