Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T1100ps
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, i just received a 3" roll of paper with a damaged paper core on 1 side. The other side is fine.

See photo.

3" roll of paper with damaged core

I am trying to fix this core, but so far no luck. if i can load this 3" core onto a 2" spindle (i found a youtube video that explains how to do it), could i use this damanged roll? or will it damage the prints, or damage the printer etc.?

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The only thing you can damage is roll spindle, the printer will not mind if the core is damaged is the paper is fine.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Of course, you can use it.
the paper is not damaged, the printer has sensors in the print carriage that detects the sides, to align, I see that only the cardboard support has been damaged, try to put it in round shape, pressing hard, do not hit, you have what to do, otherwise you will damage the roll support, they are fragile, they are made of plastic. I hope I've helped .
Pedro from Lima, Peru.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.