Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet t520
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Kind of long but hear me out. So we have the plotter in a lab and it was fine up until Tuesday. The paper cutter wouldn't cut at all. So checked that it was still enabled and it was. Opening the ink door to check on it and it was there but seemed loose. After looking online  it was suggested that I remove it and clean it, so I did that put it back in, once I did that I did a form feed and cut and it picked up the cutter and cut but not after that. I noticed that the head drops the cutter off to soon, or if your looking at it too far to the right and not all the way to the left.  If I move the cutter all the way to the left it will pickup and cut but again drops it off too far to the right to pickup again. I tried a print alignment but that didn't work, I don't think that was what I was looking for, looked more like paper alignment. Looked at the firmware and it's the current A version. Is there anything else I can try or is it toast?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Try cleaning the linear encoder strip. Use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with water and carefully wipe down the linear encoder strip by folding a damp piece over the top edge and lightly pinching it with your fingers, slide it along the strip to the ends. Sometimes the strip gets a little dirty and the printer doesn't exactly know where the carriage is and can cause this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.