Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 1050c

I've been using a desktop-workstation computer XP professional +64bit edition with my Designjet1050c hooked up with the Danial Boone 25pin serial port cable. That still works pretty well and all,, BUT,, It's a pain in the but putting my jpeg images on a thumb drive off my laptop and doing my printing from the old computer.

How can I print these jpeg's straight from my laptop? Can I use an ethernet cable from laptop to plotter? the plotter already has an ethernet card installed in the back of it. Do I need to download a different driver for the plotter? I don't know what to do for this to happen, can this awesome forum help me out please???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For windows 8 you will probably need to download the uninversal hp gl2/pcl3 driver from the hp web site. In order to use the ethernet you will have to use a crossover cable unless you have a router or switch near the printer where you can plug in a normal ethernet cable. You will then need to assign and ip address to the eio jet direct card in the printer and have a corresponding ip address for the computer where the first 3 sets of numbers are the same and only the last set will be different. Example if your computer is 192.168.1.5 then set the jet direct card to 192.168.1.x where the X is any number not being used by another device on your network, most times using above 100 will work just fine. Hope some of this helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello meat1820,

Here is the driver for Windows XP 64bit:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=11203559&swItemId=pl_98326_2&swEnvOid=203...

Here are the installation instructions:

1. Turn on the printer first, then turn on the computer.
  2. Close any screen savers, virus protection programs, or other software programs running on your computer.
  3. Click on Download Now and a File Download box will appear.
  4. Select Save This Program to Disk and a Save As box will appear.
  5. Select a directory to save the file in and click Save.
  6. Locate the file using Windows Explorer when the download has completed.
  7. Double click on the file. This will extract all the driver files into a directory on your hard drive. Select the name of the folder where the files will be extracted (for example c:\designjet)
  8. Open the Printers window click Start-Settings-Printers.

How to install the driver and create a print queue.

1. Click Add New Printer
  2. Follow the instructions of the Add Printer Wizard.
  3. When a printer listing box appears, click on Have Disk.
  4. Another box Install from Disk appears.
  5. Click the Browse to locate the expanded files directory (i.e., c:\designjet).
  6. Click on the file ending with .inf.
  7. Click Open and then OK and let files install.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
HP Recommended

this driver will work with Window 8?? 

what about hooking up to the 1050c from laptop? how do I do that?

HP Recommended

For windows 8 you will probably need to download the uninversal hp gl2/pcl3 driver from the hp web site. In order to use the ethernet you will have to use a crossover cable unless you have a router or switch near the printer where you can plug in a normal ethernet cable. You will then need to assign and ip address to the eio jet direct card in the printer and have a corresponding ip address for the computer where the first 3 sets of numbers are the same and only the last set will be different. Example if your computer is 192.168.1.5 then set the jet direct card to 192.168.1.x where the X is any number not being used by another device on your network, most times using above 100 will work just fine. Hope some of this helps.

HP Recommended

Thanks for some help David,

I do have an AT&T router right next to the printer that is also used for our internet. I can use that?

HP Recommended
Yes.
HP Recommended

Davidzuts,,,

I had no luck on any of this,, i can't find this driver you mentioned- the UPD gl2/pcl3. can you attach it on here for me.

how do I get an IP address into the jetdirect 615 card? I don't understand all this.

HP Recommended

Hello meat1820,

Here's the link:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=11203559&swItemId=pl_37410_7&swEnvOid=203...

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.