Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 1050C
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer works- Prints a self test page or set up page from printer setup screen(on printer itself). I have it connected by USB to Printer paralel adapter. It also has a eithernet card/ connection. I have installed a driver through the add a printer application. When I try to print a test page, it freezes (Not responding) comes up. When I try to download a driver from HP, they come as a zip file and I can't get them to open for some reason............ All the files will extract, but when you click the exe files, they won't do anything- Wierd to me....Printer is government surplus, FYI--- Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I sent you a private messege with phone number. go to your frofile and check messeges.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

if you can print a test page from the printer screen, it is definitly a communication issue.

is your pc a desktop or laptop? if you can use the ethernet card on back of printer, I think that would be your best bet.

Is the driver you installed by, (add a printer) the same as the driver you downloaded? Go to your add a printer screen and install the driver you downloaded from Hp, where it says have disk. click on that then go to the file where you saved the driver and paste it in there.

if you want to try the ethernet connection follow other links in this forum..

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/designjet-1050C-driv...

report back to us on your progress

HP Recommended

Well, I have gotten to the point that my computer can see the printer, it just can't connect to it.............I do have the JetDirect on the printer, so i'm connected between it and the only ethernet port on my desk top. Seems like I could configure the port or network somehow, but I don't know enough I guess. I tried the usb to printer port with the adapter, but still no go.Thanks in advance for any help  

HP Recommended

Also, I tried to use the link in another forum, to download the usb files to connect, and the link seems to be dead....!??

HP Recommended

is your desktop computer that you are trying to use the 1050c with hooked up to the internet or to a router? in order to use the ethernet card- cable, you have to be hooked up to a router. you have to decide which way you want to connect between computer and printer.......( Network- via ethernet cable) or (USB - via adapter).

what is the file name of the printer driver you are trying to use?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-1000-printer-series/24023/mo...

download this driver for the 1050c and install it. 

We'll get ya going, it just takes time and be patient.

report back to us

HP Recommended

is your desktop computer that you are trying to use the 1050c with hooked up to the internet or to a router?

It is connected to the internet and a router, wirelessly

in order to use the ethernet card- cable, you have to be hooked up to a router. you have to decide which way you want to connect between computer and printer.......( Network- via ethernet cable) or (USB - via adapter).

I would prefer the ethernet cable, but at this point, anything that works!!! When I am pluged in directly from the back of my tower to the jet direct on the printer, my computer knows that its there, it just can communicate. I downloaded the HP Clic link provided, but through my USB, it doesn't even know it's there...........

what is the file name of the printer driver you are trying to use?

dj1000wkmen-------------------Thanks

HP Recommended

ok,,, let's try this, with your ethernet cable  hook up only... unplug usb adapter.

watch this video then follow what he is doing, this will map out the Ip address to the ethernet card on the back of the printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzg8sPVb1_0

HP Recommended

I thought we had something there............ I have 4 dynamic addresses, 1 was comcast, 1 was epson, the other 2 I could not connect to- So, I think its not really seeing the printer, only because of the driver software did it think it was there..........

HP Recommended

you might have to try that different ways... try hooking up your ethernet cable from card on back of printer to an ethernet port on back of router, then ping it again and see if it comes up.

try the usb adapter route and do it again. etc

did you go into devices and printers and delete the printer first? maybe try that.

HP Recommended

I have tried all those ways, and I still can't connect.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.