Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Officejet 7610
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to adjust the margins on my printer. It tends to cut off parts of the top and bottom of documents that I print. The documents look fine in the program but don't print properly. I'm pretty sure it is the printer vice the program.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@meilge

I don't speak "Mac OS" so I cannot give you precise advice.

In general, margins are usually under the control of the software used to view and send the job to the printer.  As long as the margins set in the document do not violate the minimum margins allowed by the printer Specifications > Paper Handling > Margins, the printer can correctly print the document.

Not likely that you are using Chrome - but if you are doing so, Chrome has funny (odd) ways of handling margins; these must be set / adjusted / checked before the document is printed.

Chrome > Print > More Settings

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@meilge

I don't speak "Mac OS" so I cannot give you precise advice.

In general, margins are usually under the control of the software used to view and send the job to the printer.  As long as the margins set in the document do not violate the minimum margins allowed by the printer Specifications > Paper Handling > Margins, the printer can correctly print the document.

Not likely that you are using Chrome - but if you are doing so, Chrome has funny (odd) ways of handling margins; these must be set / adjusted / checked before the document is printed.

Chrome > Print > More Settings

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.