Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Guys,

After two weeks of calls and struggle with HP support from China, USA, France I come here.

I buy in China an HP Officejet Pro 7740 in February 2019. Running out of ink I decided to order new cartridge. Checked on my printer and it was written to replace the cartridge with 953 or 953xl. But here in China we cannot find the 953 or 953XL. So, I check on HP website and it says that in China we should use the 955 or 955XL. Fine let’s order 955XL. But after received it the printer says incompatible cartridge. I call the support here in China and they asked me to bring the printer to their service agent. Luckily, it’s in the same building office than mine. Bring the printer there and but they refuse to help. After some check online I figured out that the printer I received is a European one (953 ink is for Europe) and that the printer needs a regional reset. And to do so I need to contact the HP support. So, I did contact HP support in China, they don’t want to make regional reset. HP support France as I’m French. Guess what? the printer was bought in china they can’t accept my case. HP support USA, same result than in France. So, I come here. And hope someone can help me out to change the region of my printer from Europe to China.

A bridge to new horizons
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Send them a message on Facebook as described in the post.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your quick answer. As I says in my message the point is that no HP support either from china or France or USA want to do the regional reset. I think I already wasted more money on the phone call then the printer cost. I'm a fan of HP printer (I was) but this is so frustrating.

A bridge to new horizons
HP Recommended

Send them a message on Facebook as described in the post.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Already done. No reply yet. Waiting for an answer.

A bridge to new horizons
HP Recommended

I just see the time zone for an answer from HPsupport on FB is EST. so I need to wait.

Thanks for your help

A bridge to new horizons
HP Recommended

So, I contacted HP support on Facebook and describe my case. I got the process and code to region reset my printer not long after they start operation in the time zone. Being out of office on Weekend, I'll try on monday morning.

A bridge to new horizons
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.