Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I detected it on the network, so I think I will be able to update FW but not sure at this point.   I'll report back what happens if I can update the FW.

HP Recommended

I think possibly because of the error status of "missing or failed printhead" I cannot seem to be able to update the firmware.  I assigned the T520 an IP address and added it in control panel

In the Embedded Web Server it is going on and on for seemingly forever stating "enabling web services".

In the HP utility, it states "specified printer cannot be found".

I am not sure what alternative(s) I have for installing a firmware update.

I wish it were like an old T770 and I could start it up on a thumb drive containing the FW update.

I finally got the FW update installed by using the latest version of HP Designjet Utility.

HP Recommended

I updated the FW resulting in "no change", still get "missing or failed printhead".    It did state that the "new" cartridges were "used" or previously installed (because I installed them when I first tried to install the "new" printhead and got the error "missing or failed printhead").   I am not totally sure whether I will be able to use the "new" ink cartridges that came with the "new" printhead once I hopefully resolve the problem because now they seem to be marked as "used".  Hopefully I will be able to use the ink cartridges that came with the "new" printhead".   The manual states:   "New ink cartridges are required for
successful printhead replacement."   I am not totally sure how to interpret that--does that mean it won't let me replace the printhead unless I have brand new never used ink cartridges or does it mean that it is best if I have brand new never used ink cartridges (to prevent air in the ink cartridges from getting into the printhead)?.    I suppose now I will try to replace the carriage pca or main pca, probably try the carriage pca first.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.