Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
hp L360 latex 64" printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi people, i have purchased a latex 360 printer and also have cadlink digital factory v10 print and cut rip software, the trouble is i cant for the life in me get the right hand margin the same as the left/top/bottom, the right margin is like 3 times as wide as the rest, any ideas as to what is wrong, i will attach an image. also i am printing on paper for most jobs lately and with the curing process prints seem to take longer than my old 5500 , i get that the way the ink is curing is necessary on the latex, but is there a way to turn off the cure for this type of media? any help appreciate20210716_190017.jpgd. regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, i have sorted this issue out for anyone else who had the same problem, it was to do with the right hand edge position  setting in the latex 360 printer, basically pressing  "settings, then Substrate > Substrate handling options > Substrate width or Right edge position." default was 7.0 I messed about with it and after various adjustments I found 6.5 was right setting for my 36" roll, hope this helps someone.

Regards.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@tez06 

I don't see any HP printer software listed for this series of printer.

At this writing, there is a recent Firmware Update - not the same thing, of course, though it could be important.

HP Latex 310/330/360/370 Printers Firmware 

The user manual appears to be fairly inclusive of detail - there might be enough there to help get you started, at least.

HP Latex 300 Printer Series - User's Guide

Your best option might be to ask your question at the HP Latex Printer Community.

HP Latex Printer Knowledge Center

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Latex 360 Printers 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply, i have tried updating firmware  to the latest version and always fails, sayng invalid file or not enough storage to install, to be honest i think its hp site that is at fault there, also i have posted on the latex forums last night but no answers as of yet.

regards.

HP Recommended

@tez06 

You are welcome.

You might hear back from someone here in the Community who has actually used this type of printer.

Good Luck.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please also follow below video resource and check if that may help:

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the response, but i want the right hand border to match the rest of the border size.

Regards.

HP Recommended

@tez06 

Odd Borders

Making the rather large leap that Latex printing is anything at all like printing on smaller inkjet printers, there are a couple of likely consideration.  At the least, something to think about and then discard...

None of the following addresses features or setup used in your printer / project / CAD software.

The first issue / possible cause of the result is the shape of the image being printed as compared to the shape and size of the paper on which the content is placed.  This is the Aspect Ratio.  Calculate the size of the image file in Pixels to the ideal print size:  

If the shape of the image does not match the shape of the printer paper, the alternative is to "fit" the image onto the paper.

This "fit" operation might include left-right and / or top-bottom adjustments.

Left to itself, whether the result is "centered" is up to the software being used to view and submit the job to the printer.

Alternatively, again depending on what the software supports, 

If the image is slighter larger in the X or Y direction as compared to the shape / size of the paper, the image might be cropped to fit into the shape of the paper.

If the shape of the image is slightly smaller in the X or Y direction, whether the image can be expanded to fit the paper is entirely in the control of the software.  "Stretching" an image - particularly in one direction - can produce some very odd results.  The math is tricky and the end product might just look "wrong".  Not all print software does this equally well (if at all).

The following example plates are provided as a visual reference to illustrate "fit" and "crop".

Example - Paint - Simple Image Print - Border / Borderless - Center

Print_Photos_Paint_2FEPrint_Photos_Paint_2FE

Example - HP Smart Windows - Simple Image Print

HP_Smart_W10_Borderless_Print_4x6_6HP_Smart_W10_Borderless_Print_4x6_6HP_Smart_W10_Print_Photo_A4_1HP_Smart_W10_Print_Photo_A4_1

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

hi, thanks for the reply, the images look like software for a desktop printer, mine is a large format printer capable of printing upto 64" wide, i have professional software and i set image to print the dimensions i require, and doesn't.

Regards.

HP Recommended

@tez06 

Yes, sorry I did not make that clear.

The examples were merely meant to illustrate what I was saying.

True, your software is vastly different.

Just don’t have any more ideas.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

hi, no problem, i appreciate the time you  have taken to help.

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.