Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
What’s new in Poly Rove 8.0.9, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

We have these phones in our school. How can we play music through the system? 

Like connect to a phone or a computer and play directly into the system.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It's the Poly VVX 250

HP Recommended

Hello @MusicTeacherCC ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

we would need to know a few things, 1st of all are these Phones running UC Software or ObiEdition software?

From our VoIP FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out my PVOS, UC Software or Obi Edition Version or the Updater / BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

A phone on its own can be used as a Speaker for a PC via:

May 05, 2021 Question: Can I use a Poly VVX phone running UC Software as a Speaker Phone

Resolution: Since UC Software 6.4.0 the Poly Computer audio Connector => here <= can be used

If I udnerstand the question correctly you want to play music connected to a Poly phone into multiple phones?

If the Phone, we are not aware who provides the service for them:

Oct 21, 2022 Question: How can I check who provides the service for my phone or who is my Provider?

Resolution: Please check >here<

You could look into using Paging:

Jan 21, 2014 Question: How can I use PTT / Push To Talk / Paging / Page ?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You would need to make a cable that converst an PC Audio Signal into the phone Microphone.

Or work with whoever provides the SIP Service to you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
What we need to do is play music through the intercom system.  Like today the graduating seniors came and walked the hall of our elementary school where they went.  They were trying to hold the phone up to a cell phone and it was feeding back with lots of crazy sounds.  I can't tell the software but this is the third year we've had them.

Each room has the 250 but the receptionist has a 450
HP Recommended

Hello @MusicTeacherCC ,

I suggest working with who is your SIP provider for these phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.