Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to log into the admin side of the Polycom Web Configuration Utility via the phone's IP address (model# VVX500) but I can only access the 'user' side. I need the admin side to change the SIP configuration. I went on tried reseting the admin to default by noting the <removed by the administrator>; powering down the phone then powering it back up; pressing 1,3,5 when the welcome screen appears but I cannot figure out how to enter the <removed by the administrator> as a password when it prompts for it to initialize the resetting process. It only shows the asterisk as placeholders and not any other characters. (see attached pic)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @marcbhi18,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

If your phone is still able to connect to the Provisioning server please reset the password via the Device Parameters documented in the Admin Guide or here

The above is also stated in the Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum

If this is not possible please contact your Polycom reseller or the person you purchased the phone from.

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

I am unsure how to enter the default admin password in the boot screen (reference attached pic). I cannot see what characters I am entering. In other words, I cannot determine whether I am entering letters, numbers or both. It is unclear on how to acheive this.

HP Recommended

Hi marcbhi18,

it´s not to difficult.

In your screenshot it´s 1->Aa so only numeric is active. When you hit the button, next one is Aa, after that AA... The first digit matters.

Aa (to capitalize the first letter only, and use lowercase for the remaining letters).

AA (to enter uppercase only)

aa (to enter lowercase only)

123 (to enter numbers only)

HP Recommended

Thank you for the tip mschulze!

SteffenBaierUK with what mschulze tips, I have tried entering the default admin password '456' with no luck. Please note we purchased this used and unsure if that makes a difference in accessing the admin side. I have tried contacting the reseller but they do not have that admin password. I am continuing to work with the reseller as well as consulting this community.

HP Recommended

As stated in my original reply we cannot disclose this within the community so I close this post to prevent further answers.

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.