Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The Poly Phones Knowledge Base is live! We look forward to helping you with common issues and troubleshooting advice!
HP Recommended
Edge B20

Hello,

i want to ask how to update firmware poly Edge B20 via local PC using tftp protocol ?

i used local PC using Linux 

regards,

fahmi

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Fahmi0071 ,

welcome back to the HP Poly community.

I suggest you consult the Edge B Admin Guide >here<

This covers the manual ways to update the phone also shown in our VoIP FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I set up my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

In order to automate this you will need to use the DHCP Options. This is also shown in the Admin Guide and partially in the above FAQ.

Poly Lens could be used in combination with the DHCP options to automate this. It is documented >here<

Poly Lens is free for provisioning and an easy way to set up Phones remotely.

If you still struggle ad neither the FAQ or an internet search or other community members reply helps you as a next step I suggest you contact our Support organization in your region. Details are in my Signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.