Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Be the first to explore and join the conversation on our brand-new Poly Support Community Blog, Click here It's live now!!
HP Recommended
When I connect a polycom CX500 on the same cable everything works fine. The scope settings are fine, I posted a screenshot in a earlier post. The phones don't work in any vlan we use.
HP Recommended

Your screen shot dosen't show subnet mask as that is not in the scope options.  You can also check the boot log for entries with 'dhcpc'.  It will show you what the phones is reciving.

HP Recommended
Where can this boot log be found? We don't use a provisioning server where the boot log can be uploaded to.
HP Recommended

In the phone web UI go to Diagnostics / View & Download Logs.  Then change the log file type radio button from App to Boot.

HP Recommended
Help Christian

Of course the CX500 will work on the same port as the Vendor option is setup to cover a Microsoft optimised for LYNC phone

The VVX, as already explained ,will use a different vendor option and is described in the Admin guide in detail. I am no where near a PC at present but option 60 for a VVX410 should show in the DHCP discover as Polycom-VVX410 ( from memory) and can be easily verified by your IT team via a spanned port.

Calling Polycom support would have provided you with a phone number for your reseller who sold the unit and is responsible for the support of it. They also are able to open a support ticket with us for you

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

In the application logs the phone is correctly pulling all but two options Option 2(subnet mask) and Option 255(end).  Without a valid subnet it is defualting to 255.0.0.0 unfortinatly the App log dosen't show what the phone got from dhcpc like the boot log usaly does.   I could be wrong but I belive Windows CE will defualt to 255.255.255.0 on the subnet mask.  A packet capture would certianly show if the problem is with the phones or the reponce from DHCP.   

From the posted App log.

300107.118|dhcpc|4|00|The option data for suboption 255 does not exist
300107.163|utilm|4|00|utilFixUpSubnetMask: Subnet Mask Fixed to (0xff000000).

HP Recommended
Hello all

The logging levels can be lowered. This is described in the admin guide and FAQ posts

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

After setting different setting I finaly found that when I put in DHCP option 43 CPE-OCPHONE the phone gets the correct DHCP settings. Reading the internet I came among a lot of users that had the same problem but there was no good answer.

Why is there now good installation document provided by Polycom for this??

HP Recommended

Option 43 is not requred if you are using Microsoft DHCP and have created the MSUCClient vendor class.  The DHCP server will create the correct Option 43 responce from the defined sub options(MSUCClient).  

Here is a really good post from Jeff Schertz.  Note the screen shots of the scope options.

http://blog.schertz.name/2010/12/configuring-lync-server-for-phone-edition-devices/

HP Recommended
Hello

The option 43 is only, and the definition is ONLY, requested and used when the Pin & Extension process is started.

Only then the VVX like a optimised for LYNC CX phones identifies itself as a Vendor class of UC Client.

Prior to this, like a CX phone , a different vendor class is being used.

As explained above we do not use the same vendor class and a wireshark trace via spanned port would show this.

I am nowhere near a PC so I cannot post this to finally end this conversation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.