Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Opened brand new all in one yesterday.  Working like a dream.  It did lots of windows updates when I shut down.  Today, no audio but a crackle coming from the speakers.  When I put my headphones in, I can hear normal sound, but without headphones, it's appalling.  How on earth can this be? Does HP want hundreds of PCs returned??????? Fix this pronto please with an urgent update, or this PC is going to back to John Lewis, and I'll go for the Dell I decided not to buy. £1,100 down the drain at the moment.  Fancy speakers are no good if they don't work.  I tried the audio test, troubleshooters, nothing works.  Clearly from this, I am not alone.  Over to you HP.

UPDATE: Went to the Product Support page ONLINE, did the Audio test from there, it checked the driver, and now it's working.  So how can the online version work, yet the one built in this PC not? Needless to say I don't believe I won't be back here saying it's gone again.  If anyone reads this and has the same issue, go to the HP Support Assistant icon / Support Resources / HP Product Support Centre and allow the site to access your PC, and do the audio check and check the driver.  Would be interested to know if this works for you.

UPDATE 2: And here I am again, sound not working after one more windows update.  And this time, my previous fix is not working.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I bought the same PC and have lost sound from the internal speaker. Mine disappeared when I connected an external HDMI connector to the back of the All-in-one. Now I have to use an external speaker to hear anything. Not good. None of the online fixes or diagnostics have fixed this. I suspect there's a driver issue, which needs to be fixed pronto...

HP Recommended

Found a fix. Download SP111268.exe file from HP for the Audio stuff and installed it. Sound now back to normal.

HP Recommended

Same issue as Lisa. Sometimes the assistant fixes the issue with downloads and sometimes not. Terrible for a new PC.

HP Recommended

I can't find that one i.e. nothing leads me to this, and I'm not super technical, and don't believe customers should have to hunt for this stuff.  How do I know it's relevant for my model?

Anyhow, the sound has gone again after an Intel update last night - I've tried the audio fix online and in the support centre 10 times, restarted 10 times, shut down twice, nothing.  Stick my headphones in, all OK, take them out, crackly fuzzy sound.

Are there any HP experts out there to help? I can't carry on with this nonsense.

HP Recommended

I have been going round in circles with this exact problem since I bought it 4 weeks ago. It's a nightmare!

Something in the machine has defaulted to make the sound come out through the headphones even though when you click on the sound icon, and do all the checks, everything indicates that the sound is coming through the speakers (even though it quite clearly isn't).   

Most times, I seem to fix it by clicking on various buttons and repeatedly updating drivers (even though it says they're all up to date) or restarting it. Annoyingly, no one of these various things is 'the answer' as sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I discovered that I could have the sound working fine, but if I'm called away from the computer long enough for it to go to sleep, then when I start it up again the sound has gone back to the headphones. 

Once when it was saying I was using the speakers I put the headphones in as usual but to my horror I couldn't hear anything from either the speakers or the headphones, even after clicking on the headphones button down on the volume icon! After a bit of unplugging them and putting them back in a few times, it kicked in (via the headphones, of course). 

I'm getting really fed up with this now. It's messing up meetings as I am never sure whether I'm going to be able to hear without the headphones or not. Sometimes it's not practical to have to put the headphones in as I'm a teacher and would prefer to be able to move about. Having to have the headphones in means I can't do that. 

I've sent dozens of feedback reports to HP (every time I have to go through HP Assist, which is pretty much every time I use the PC), and I've tried the virtual assistant about half a dozen times. I got through to a person once, but they took so long to actually come on line to chat with me that I ended up having to log off to start teaching. I managed to get my whole problem typed out before that though, yet have heard nothing since. 

I'm so disappointed as I purposefully went with HP thinking it was a good brand.  

HP Recommended

This was sent to me from another community member and my speakers have been working ever since I did what was instructed - ID included in below:

CSILK1127 (New member) posted a new reply in Desktop Audio on 01-14-2021 04:10 PM

Subject: Re: Terrible Audio Quality After Updates

I had the same issue.. go into sound settings, then sound control panel, then click on speaker, then advanced settings and uncheck enable audio enhancements

HP Recommended

Thank you Lisa, this worked for me!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.