Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790-0028no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! 

Reposting this under audio.

I have an annoying problem with my bluetooth headphones, when connecting them to my desktop PC. The sound quality is very poor and kind of static. I use these same JBL headphones wiht my iPad, phone and another gaming laptop (not HP) and they work just fine. The sound is clear and there's no static with the other devices. I've tried to update the bluetooth drivers but the system tells me they're up to date. I have disconnected wlan when using bluetooth (since that helped a bit with my laptop in the past) but no change. I've turned bluetooth off in all other devices when connecting the headphones to my HP desktop but still the sound quality remains poor. I moved the desktop onto my table so it's literally sitting next to me. I've checked that all windows 10 updates are up to date. The HP support assistant won't analyze my system for some reason so I can't update any possible bluetooth drivers through HPSA. 

Any tips on what to do next?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Theodore2 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing Bluetooth sound quality issues.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please perform the hard reset and check for the issue.

Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step

If the issue still persist, please uninstall the audio drivers and reinstall the drivers.

Also, please update the BIOS.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have updated the bios to the newest version. I tried uninstalling and installing the newest version of the audio drivers but the quality hasn't improved. I also tried the hard reset which didn't affect the quality at all. 

I also once more cross-checked the sound quality with my other devices. My 4 year old Asus-gaming laptop still beats this new HP gaming desktop with sound quality. It's quite noticeable. My Asus seems to be equipped an Intel adapter and my HP with a realtek adapter. Shouldn't be a difference, but seems that Asus has done better work making the computer work from the start.  Also a difference I have noticed between my Asus and the HP is, that when I control the volume via my headphones the volume-bar up left doesn't show up on the HP. Why is that? Not a big deal but has it something to do with the issue? 

Anything else I can try?  I also tried connecting the bluetooth headphones via a cable into my HP desktop and then the quality seemed to be fine. Only when I use blueetoth the quality is poor. 

-T

HP Recommended

@Theodore2 

Thank you for the update.

Please try the below steps and check for the issue.

Solution 1:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.
  • Left-click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.
  • Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.
  • Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Solution 2:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.
  • Select the Communications tab up the top.
  • By default ‘when windows detect communications activity’ is set to ‘Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%’.
  • Change this to ‘Do nothing’.
  • Press OK.
  • Right-click on the “Volume icon” on the bottom right corner.

• b) Select “Recording devices”.

• c) Under the “Recording” tab right-click on the white empty space and check the box that says, “Show disabled devices” and “Show disconnected devices”.

• d) Right-click on “Stereo Mix” and “Enable” this device.

• e) Highlight “Stereo Mix”, click on “Properties” and go to the “Listen” tab.

• f) Check the box "Listen to this device", also change the drop-down box below "Playback through this device" to be your second audio device.

• g) To verify that you've done this correctly, go back to the sound dialog tab “Playback”, you should now see both of your audio devices showing the little green graphs moving.

If the issue still persists, Try creating a new user account on your computer.

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.