Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP19 Model No. 19-3013w
Windows 8.1

My 19" All in One PC has its CD/DVD player on the side. When I inserted a DVD it did not seat properly on the spindle and consequently fell inside the machine. I cannot see it at all. The disk player still works properly as I have inserted and used disks since this happened. This machine is about 3 weeks old.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @LS_,

I understand that a CD has fallen inside your HP 19-3013w All-in-One Desktop PC. The issue you are describing appears to be a physical issue. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html.  If your computer is under warranty this is your best option.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @LS_,

I understand that a CD has fallen inside your HP 19-3013w All-in-One Desktop PC. The issue you are describing appears to be a physical issue. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html.  If your computer is under warranty this is your best option.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I just tried using the CD/DVD player. The  DVD wasnt properly seated on the spindle and fell off into the machine. How can I retrieve it? Is this a common problem?

HP Recommended

This seems to be a defective feature that can easily happen. Is there any kind of a recall on this model?

HP Recommended

This happened to me as well. It seems this model is defective as this so easily happened. I wouldn't purchase again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.