Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-1134

My PC does not recognize 2 of the 3 speaker jacks. There are 3 in total on the PC, and I used to be able to get 5.1 audio, but now the only options are Stereo and Quadraphonic. I have tried updating the Realtek driver every possible way, but nothing is helping. What do I need to do to get all 3 speaker jacks recognized, so I can get 5.1 audio, again? Thank you.

Update:

If I change my speaker setup to quadraphonic, then 2 jacks show up in Speaker Properties, but I still don't see the third jack to enable 5.1 audio.

Speaker Properties 2 Quadraphonic.jpgSpeaker Properties.jpgSpeaker Setup.jpg

PC Has 3 Audio InputsPC Has 3 Audio Inputs

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06783793

Is it therefore,
that it worked, and not anymore?
if so, did you change anything?
in your image, I see that it obviously lacks an audio output, right?
on my pc, connected or not, I have the three outputs (or inputs) visible

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

From the documentation: “High Definition (Azalia) 5.1 channel audio Support”.

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06638240

I actually think this never worked on this PC, but it has worked on my previous PC’s. 

I have attached an image of the back of the PC to show that there are, indeed, all three inputs, though they do not show in Windows Speakers Properties.3 Inputs Present on PC3 Inputs Present on PC

HP Recommended

ok,

sorry maybe i wasn't clear enough
first of all, it is not mentioned here, but sometimes it will be specified
with some computers
" note: The motherboard supports 5.1 surround sound. If the computer does not have the required audio jacks for a 5.1 configuration, additional hardware is required to use 5.1 surround sound."
I think you might be in this case, that's why I was asking if this had worked before.

"I have tried updating the Realtek driver every possible way, but nothing is helping."
then I wanted to know if you had changed the operating system windows 10 / 11
and did not specify which version of driver did you install?

Possible that the quadraphonic configuration is the only possibility
but the fact remains that we should see the headphone jack
see what I have!

Re: 5.1 surround sound speakers - HP Support Community - 8034889

Capture d’écran 2023-03-01 170902.png

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The headphone jack is separate from the Speakers, as you can see in this attached image.  The headphone jack only has the one plug, as expected.

This PC came with Windows 10, and I have since upgraded it to Windows 11.  The Speaker dialog was missing the third input jack in both operating systems.

My current Realtek Audio driver is 6.0.9250.1 from 10/12/2021.

I suspect that part of the issue is that the microphone jack thinks it is for a microphone.  I should be able to instruct the audio driver that the microphone jack is actually the Center/Subwoofer output channel, but I cannot find a dialog that gives me that option.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4315149-4208232-16

Sound DialogSound Dialog

HP Recommended

sorry but , I'm not talking about the headphone jack for your problem here!
what I tell you, see my image captures!
there is a green plug, speaker output, visible
a blue jack, originally audio input, visible
and then the microphone socket, more or less pink, visible, in my settings, but apparently not at home...
If it is not visible, then there is a malfunction.
I tested and if you connect speakers here, it will be recognized automatically, as a center / sub-woofer output!
See if you have a mic if it will work, but I have a feeling that this jack is no longer valid at all!

my computer is older, and i currently have an older version of the driver, and it works..

but try this one

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

6.0.9350.1 Rev.I202.3 MBAug 2, 2022Download

disconnect all audio cables
install the drivers
restart
check the installed version
sometimes, I had to start over, if not done automatically:
first step, the drivers are uninstalled, but then you have to restart, so that the program runs, and installs the new one
it should be automatic, but sometimes it doesn't
Do not connect anything then, open the settings, if the microphone jack does not appear anywhere, the problem may be hardware
If possible, probably not compatible, but I'll test your driver to see

[edit]unfortunately I suspected that this one is not compatible with mine!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

This seems to be a long standing issue with the modern Realtek drivers.  My PC should either have Realtek HD Audio Manager or Realtek Audio Console for me to update the jack settings.  I managed to find Realtek Audio Console in the Windows Store, but it will not open, even though I have the latest drivers installed.  Can anyone use either of these Realtek applications on Windows 11?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-manager-not-opening-and-unable-t...Realtek Audio Console BrokenRealtek Audio Console Broken

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.