Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All In One 20W77AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 11

The audio coming from the sound bar under the screen is very distorted. It sounds like a voice cone has come loose. I don't think it is the drivers because the audio sounds fine if I plug in headphones or use the Bluetooth output to my hearing aides. This is a brand new desktop under warranty but I cannot get anyone at the HP support center to answer. The wheelie just goes around and around.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dopplerdave

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I hear you, navigation can sometimes feel off-putting. If you are having trouble navigating via the contact HP options, generally it is because either your product is Out of Warranty or you are trying to get support beyond the business hours and our business hours falls between 8am to 6pm EST.
Let's try this link: https://www.hp.com/mx-es/contact-hp/phone-assist.html to reach out to our HP support  Mexico.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@dopplerdave -- This is a brand new desktop under warranty but I cannot get anyone at the HP support center to answer. 

Sigh. There are a few participants in this peer-to-peer discussion forum who self-identify as HP Employees, in addition to this forum's "moderators". Maybe, your message will be noticed by one of them, and they will open a "back-door" to HP Support.

Can you use your smart-phone to record some audio-output from your computer, and play-back that recording, while talking to HP Support, to try to convince them that the sound is distorted.

Can you use the audio-controls to "pan" the audio-sounds to "100%-left-speaker-and-0%-right-speaker", and then vice-versa, to see if just one speaker is problematic?

HP Recommended

Good idea, thanks. The right speaker is definitely the bad one; the left sounds OK.

I bought this from HP when I was in the US a few weeks ago, but it is with me in central Mexico now. I am sure that will create all sorts of problems getting it fixed. But I will try again to get hold of HP Support next week. Maybe they are all off on vacation this week.  I'm reluctant myself to disassemble the case without some instructions.

HP Recommended

@dopplerdave --  I'm reluctant myself to disassemble the case without some instructions.

That is a wise decision. 

Sometimes, one can find a YouTube video like "disassembly replace hard-drive HP All-In-One" that demonstrates the complexity of servicing your type of computer.

HP Recommended

OK I have verified that my new all in one desktop has a bad right side loudspeaker and is under warranty. How do I contact HP support to see about getting it fixed? Their on-line system does not ever answer me. The weelie just goes around and around for hours.

HP Recommended

@dopplerdave -- access: Contact Official HP® Support – Canada | HP® Customer Support

and click "Check Warranty Status". Does that lead you to something, such as a telephone-number, or a web-form that you must complete and submit?

Are you using Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer (hidden, but still available in Windows 10) or Google Chrome, or Firefox to access the HP web-pages?

HP Recommended

There is nothing on the link that says "check warranty status". There is a box that shows my model and says IN WARRANTY. When I click Contact Us, I get a wheelie that never stops.

I bought this PC in the US but brought it with me to Mexico. But I have tried using a VPN to contact HP in case that is the problem, but get the same result. I am using Firefox. Do you think that is the problem?

HP Recommended

@dopplerdave -- what I see is:

Capture.JPG

So, I see Check Warranty Status and start a case.

I am using Microsoft Edge, not Firefox. I don't know if that makes a difference.

HP Recommended

This is very frustrating. It checks my warranty that it is valid, but when I try to contact anyone, I just get a blank screen with four squares in the middle that change colors in a CW direction. This goes on forever. I tried Edge as well as Firefox and it is the same. I also tried using a VPN but that did not help either. Is this normal?

HP Recommended

@dopplerdave --  Is this normal?

I hope not.

Do you have access to some other computer, just in case there is something "funky" with your computer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.