Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Wave Desktop PC 600-a1xx 1NJ28EA#UUW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion B&O speakers no longer work, I get a message saying "No audio output device is installed" and the icon in the bottom right has a red cross on it.

I have googled the problem and several posts said to go to the Device manager and find information under the Sound, video and game controllers section - however, this section is missing in my Device manager.

Everything worked fine until a few days ago, I'm not sure what has happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@InkiR

This might require remote access of the computer to fix this issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@InkiR

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also, ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

If the issue persists, Install the audio driver from the below link:

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-wave-600-a000-desktop-pc-series/1207967...

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Welcome to the HP Community:)

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it!

I have performed the steps you have recommended, however the problem is still not solved.

The HP Support Assistant recommended many updates, and I have downloaded and installed them all. Unfortunately, the problem persisted.

Running the Audio Check within the Support Assistant gives the result "No speakers found" and "No microphones found". It then redirects me to the HP Virtual Agent, where I have gone through first steps (https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c01950055). In step 2, there is no menu item called "Sound, video and game controllers" so I cannot perform steps 2 or 3. The Hardware diagnostics tool which it then directs me to try (step 4) also says it cannot perform an Audio playback test as "Device not found".

I also tried both audio drivers that were available from the second link you provided. Neither one of those solved the problem either.

I have not tried a System restore (step 5 in the HR Virtual Agent), is there anything else I should try before that one?

Best regards,
Inki

HP Recommended

Hi! @InkiR,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Please try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Audio, Video and Games Controllers

And find there Conexant audio card. Click on it with the right button of your mouse and choose ' Properties '.
Select ' Driver ' tab and select Roll Back Driver check if the issue persists.

Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
In the list of audio device drivers, look for Conexant High-Definition Audio. This is the device driver for BeatsAudio (a little bit sneaky, wouldn’t you say?).
Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
Select Browse my computer for driver software.
Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Conexant High-Definition Audio.
At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.

If the issue still persists try the steps recommended below.

Is the loudness equalization off? If not, please:
Right, click the speaker icon
select 'Playback Devices'. 
Highlight the default device
Click Properties
Click Enhancements tab
Next to 'Loudness Equalization' take out the check mark in the box.
Click Apply
Click OK

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I appreciate your reply! I tried the steps you listed, but still no luck:

From "Control panel", I went to "Hardware and sound" and from there to the "Device manager". However, there is no menu item from there called "Audio, Video and Games Controllers". When I selected "Show hidden devices" from the "View" menu, two items appeared in the list; "Audio inputs and outputs" and "Sound, video and game controllers". Neither one of them has any item named Conexant in it.

In the "Audio inputs and outputs" menu item, there are two items: "HP Pavilion Wave Audio (Realtek High Definition Audio)" and "Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)". If I right-click on either of them and select Properties, I get the following device status: "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45). To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer". This is obviously wrong, as the speaker is built into the desktop computer...
The "Roll back driver" button is disabled for both.

In the "Sound, video and game controllers" menu item, there is one Intel item and several Microsoft items as well as one "Realtek High Definition Audio" item. For that one I get the same message as the one for the items in the "Audio input and outputs" menu.

The status is the same after a restart of the computer.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Inki

HP Recommended

@InkiR,

Thanks for writing back to us.

As the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try reinstalling the audio driver using HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know more information about installing drivers using HP recovery manager. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I really appreciate you staying with me to try to solve the problem.

I followed the steps outlined and reinstalled two drivers: "Realtek HD Audio Driver (Windows 10 v1607)" and "HP Audio Switch" just in case. However, after a restart of the computer, the issue is still the same, I still get the same error messages.

Any other tips to try?

Thanks again!

Inki

HP Recommended

@InkiR

This might require remote access of the computer to fix this issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried to get these drivers for a while - when i follow this link all drivers for this model pavillion have been removed.

Please help

HP Recommended

Update on this problem:

As HP Support here in Norway is only available during business hours, and this is my home computer (meaning I can't be home talking to support while I'm supposed to be at work), and my 2-year warranty is still in place, I ended up taking the computer to the store where I had bought it. The tech support there was able to fix the issue in about 15 minutes, by cleaning up the various versions of drivers etc. The hypothesis now is the issue was caused by a Windows update that did "something" to the drivers.

So the problem is solved, and I appreciate the time and effort of everybody here who tried to help!!

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.