Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, i have the same problem, can't find the TV tuner in Windows 10. I bought this in 2013 and it came with Windows 8:

HP ENVY 23-d055 Touchsmart all-in-one desktop
Product name: 23-d055
Model/Product number: H4A30AA #ABA

It would be nice if HP just wrote a little blurb on what does or doesn't work anymore with Windows 10 for the various models...
-mj
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Malygris1,

I didn't use any of those links you provided.

It turned out that Avermedia TV Player, which came with my HP Touchsmart, still seems to work under Windows 10, although it can only play an analog signal from my u-verse cable box. So the picture is pretty bad.

thanks for trying to help,

-mj lee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @mjlee22

I understand that you can't find the TV tuner in Windows 10. I am happy to assist with this. Please let me know if the TV tuner shows up without errors or not inside of device manager.

Were you using a software package other than Media Center?

If the TV tuner is showing up in device manager without errors in Windows 10, then it is more about having the software to use it again. If there are some problems you can try using the HP Support Assistant to look for driver updates for the Tuner.

HP Support Assistant
Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 😎

As Microsoft has not included Media Center in Windows 10, many users that were accustomed to using that application to watch their tv on their computers have been in a bit of limbo. There are several alternatives you can consider.

HP delivered a package called Media Smart Live TV that you can check out. It may work for you.

HP MediaSmart Live TV Software - softpedia.com

Also, I found some pages of listing recommendations of other alternatives you might consider. I believe Microsoft themselves suggest using vlc, but it really comes down to the features you are looking for. Hopefully you will find something among these that suits your needs, on inspection several of the programs appear on all three lists, but there are others that should also be good.

Best Free Alternatives to Windows Media Center - www.askvg.com

10 Best Windows Media Center Alternatives - www.htpcbeginner.com

5 Alternatives to Windows Media Center on Windows 8 or 10 - www.howtogeek.com

I would suggest looking at those applications, to see which may fit the bill for you.

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello Malygris1,

I didn't use any of those links you provided.

It turned out that Avermedia TV Player, which came with my HP Touchsmart, still seems to work under Windows 10, although it can only play an analog signal from my u-verse cable box. So the picture is pretty bad.

thanks for trying to help,

-mj lee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am seeking help for my HP TouchSmart 600/1265qd All in one desktop. After the upgrade to Windows  10 my HP Touchsmart Live TV canvas is no longer functioning and I  can't open application. Recovery manager can't reinstall Live TV software either and gives me an error: Media Smart Live TV - Install Shield Wizard :The product definitation file lost! I did downloaded sp49094.exe from internet which is HP Media Smart Live TV Software but... it restricted installation  because HP publisher is Not Trusted! Sadly, Microsoft also removed Windows Media Center as well so that I can't use my pre-installed Avery TV tuner in any possible way. Maybe HP will kindly issue a Live TV software  update for Windows 10?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

aramstudio

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.