Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion all in one - 24-k0003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

my speakers and microphone all work really well until I log onto to zoom and choose to share a video with audio. (yes I have ticked the correct boxes to share audio)

I have found that the only way any participant can hear the audio is for me to raise my volume up to around 80%, which then allows my microphone to pick up the sound and share it, but even then it is still quiet. 

it has been explained to me by a computer Tech that there should be a way for the sound to be shared without it having to go through the microphone, but as of yet no one can tell me how this can be done, we have tried everything we can think of, including making sure all drivers are up to date. 

I would really appreciate a solution to this problem if anyone can help. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Donski50 -- It has been explained to me by a computer Tech that there should be a way for the sound to be shared without it having to go through the microphone, but as of yet no one can tell me how this can be done.

I would think that the programmers of Zoom would have thought about this, and made it possible within Zoom.

I have participated in several Zoom meetings where the host played a video, with audio, and the sound was fine.  So, it is possible.

Maybe, you need to ask a different Computer Technician. 

P.S. Be sure that you are running the most-current version of ZOOM.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Both on native windows PC and on parallels on a Mac Book.  The volume needs to be turned up so the other person can hear through the microphone.  I have not tried it but my son (he has the mac with parallels) says a chat window can be used to drop an audio file.  As far as we we can tell only the desktop (screen image) is being shared not the media player.

If you find out please come back and post here.

Thanks.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

thanks, 

We have the latest zoom installed and have tried everything, that we can find to share sound within zoom but nothing works. 

HP Recommended

Will try it and let you know if it works. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.