Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Core i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

Today when I start my laptop then this shows an error 

Boot device not found 

So I restart and press f10  then  when I click on advanced ---》 secure boot configuration  ---》select legacy support enable and secure boot disable

Then I save changes and exit then always same error  occured.. kindly check attached screen shot 

20191014_113612.jpg

20191014_114859.jpg

20191014_114452.jpg

Image 1 : error occured

image 3: click on secure boot configuration 

Image 2 : legacy enabled and secure boot disabled

Bit still did not work and same error happend

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

OK, so was that the ORIGINAL configuration? As in, was it originally set to Legacy disable / secure boot enable? Sometimes this will render the OS non bootable if you change it. Same with changing from Legacy to UEFI and vice versa.

If you run the F2 diags on the HDD does it pass?

HP Recommended

Ok I did this but same error occured and yes this is original configuration...20191014_154629.jpg

HP Recommended

When it goes to the first screen posted and suggests F2 to run the Diagnostics, What is the outcome for those tests?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

When I press f2 this shows this.. and also I tried these options but none of them worked...

20191014_160012.jpg

HP Recommended

So when you select Hard drive check and press enter, nothing happens?

And when you select "Exit" and press enter, it will exit?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

When I click hard drive and then quick check.. then this shows message that " no hard drive installed please  check that the power and data cables are connected properly "

20191014_160945.jpg

HP Recommended

That would indicate that either the hard drive has failed or became disconnected.  Since that would indicate needed to open the case and locate the hard drive, check that the cables are still connected, since you will be able to check those.  If they are intact, unplug and then reinstall the cables.  If it then indicates the same thing, then the hard drive needs to be replaced.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Sorry to say, looks like your HDD has died and is no longer being detected by the system. You'll need to get it replaced.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.