Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Desktop HP 8200E SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Day before   i have just clean installed window 10pro 64 bit 20h2. Yesterday PCI port other device error solved but after shut down the PC. Today morning start the PC  and notice  so slow than restart, shut own , its start working but noticed errors in device mangers for Drivers.
Today I have noticed  again  in my Desktop HP 8200E SFF  an exclamation mark next to the "other devices"  with following  four numbers  errors in Details :

(1)
Device Type : other
MFR: Unknown device
Device Status
Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.
Device Path :
VMBUS\POWERDEVICE\POWERDEVICE0

(2) Device : DVD/CD-Rom Drives
hp DVD RW AD-7250H5
The Best Drivers already installed
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE
i have rechecked cable connection & reconnect but it not works
(3)
Device : mice and other pointing Device
Best Drivers already installed
Microsoft PS/2 Mouse
This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)
kindly notice that  i'm not using  microsoft mouse.

(4)
Device : Keyboards
This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)
i have HP keyboard model : k45

Any help is very much appreciated. 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to right click on the problem unknown device, select uninstall, check the uninstall driver box, restart the PC and see if that fixes the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi ! 

Paul ,  Thank you once again

before your reply two -three time i have shut down an start so now present status is there is yellow exclamation sign showing   . but drive status is  still showing Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

Is still uninstall require ? or i can continue with this setting as it is

HP Recommended

sorry edit to my earlier reply there is NO yellow exclamation sign

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would try the uninstall.

I can't imagine what the problem is.

I have an 8200 Elite CMT but I have not updated it to 20H2 yet.

It is still on v2004, were everything is working 100% fine.

Let me hook it up update it to 20H2, and see if I get the same error as you are getting.

I'll get back to you after the update is complete.  It may take some time.

I am using a PS/2 KB and mouse.

HP Recommended

Sure Paul ! 

Take your time ! i m on same PC working so no  urgent issue.

for second  DVD -RW error . Can i  disable the device ?? because  update drivers already installed . yesterday it was not after clean installation of window 10 20h2.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I guess you can do that.

I only have one DVD drive in my PC and currently is it working normally.

Beginning the update now...

HP Recommended

Oops.  I was wrong.

My 8200 Elite is already on 20H2 and works like a charm, so unfortunately, I don't know what is causing the problem with yours.

HP Recommended

Hi ! Paul

i have all update windows till today. but i have doubt because after clean installation of window  i have never used any third party driver updater.  i have done update the drivers of  each device in Device manager and windows check updates.

there i have found issues .  Is it necessary to use  third part driver updater softwares ? if yes can you suggest  which one ?

because i m using HP 8200 Elite SFF since 2012 the problems starts after upgrade from windows 10. 

kindly light on my head..:)

HP Recommended

Hi:

I have been running W10 on my 8200 elite since it came out. 

I just retired it because I got a newer Dell Optiplex 7050 MT business desktop with an i7-7700 processor and just installed a NVMe M.2 SSD in it.

I didn't realize I had already updated the 8200 Elite to 20H2 before unplugging it, but when I ran the W10 upgrade tool, it told me that I already had the latest version of W10. I checked the OS build info and it sure was on 20H2.

Drivers...The only driver you should need to install on your PC is the one from yesterday...the PCI serial port.

W10 will install all of the drivers you need.

Then on 20H2, you get some optional chipset driver updates pushed to the PC from Windows Update.

I chose to install all of the optional updates offered, restarted the PC and it works great.

You may want to go back and clean install W10 and don't install any drivers but to manually install the one for the PCI serial port, and the optional updates from Windows Update.

If you still run into trouble, I can give you the link to an older build of W10 that was working for you and you can install that and then update to 20H2 and see if that works.

Just let me know what build and language of W10 you need that was working before you clean installed 20h2.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.