Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

And the error is that the partition is GPT? That should not stop the installation. Do you have secure boot or legacy boot turned on in the BIOS? 

The processor is 64 bit capable and the specs I found for it say it came with Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

HP Recommended

Legacy boot is enabled and secure boot is disbled.

Also, from what I remember, and from the specs online, it was Windows 10.  However, when I go to the secure boot configurations options in the HP setup utility, it says

"The options on this Setup page are only for Windows 8 and other Operating Systems that support Secure Boot.

Changing the default setting of any of the Setup options on this page for Operating Systems that do not support Secure Boot may prevent the system from booting successfully.

Are you sure that you want to continue?"

Does that mean that I had Windows 8??

HP Recommended

originally perhaps yes but recall Microsoft offered a free upgrade to 10 so you likely did that. You need to change boot mode to secure. Legacy boot cannot work with a GPT hard drive only an MBR. Apparently the power surge reset your BIOS to defaults but at one point it was set to secure boot. Set to secure boot and try the installation again. If the old Windows 10 was 64 bit you will get an error saying you cannot use 32 bit media. So then you would have to download a 64 bit install disk and use that. 

HP Recommended

I keep getting the same error.

Below is the screenshots of the settings.

15423231695086933758695396209372.jpg

15423231918515205133491636827612.jpg

HP Recommended

"cause you have not enabled secure boot. Disable legacy boot and enable secure boot. Otherwise, we are going to have to have you delete all partions and go through a pretty detailed procedure to convert the drive from GPT to MBR and you will lose all data. 

HP Recommended

If I do that, then the computer wont boot from USB.  

I will keep getting this:15423260481902340645814541199676.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.