Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 580-137c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion Power 580-137c Desktop with HP OEM Windows 10 installed.  The following issue has been bothering me ever since I purchased this computer: the computer *occasionally* will not wake up from sleep.  When this happens, neither keyborad nor mouse can wake up the computer from sleep, so I have to manually turn off the computer (by pressing the power botton) and then turn on the computer again.  What's interesting is that this only *occasionally* happens, i.e., let's say one in ten sleeps I'll see this happen once. So this problem basically bothers me once every 1-2 weeks ...

I have tried the following solutions:

1) Make sure mouse and keyboard are enabled to wake up the computer in power management setting.

2) Update windows to the latest. OS: Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134 Build 17134.  

2) Update display adaptor driver to the latest from HP support site (as of last week).

3) Update Bios to the latest from HP support site (as of last week).

None of the above works.  Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@echostate

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your desktop does not wake up from sleep mode and this happens occasionally,

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern, as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said, 

I really appreciate your time and efforts in trying to resolve the problem,

Here are a few steps more we could try to resolve the problem:

Troubleshoot using the Windows Power troubleshooter:

• In Windows, search for and open the Control Panel.
  • In the Control Panel Search field, type troubleshooting.
  • Click Troubleshooting.
  • In the System and Security area, click Improve power usage.
  • If asked for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide the confirmation information.
  • Click Next to run the troubleshooting tool. A Detecting Issues window displays while Windows detects and attempts to fix any issues.
  • After troubleshooting is complete, close the troubleshooter, or click Explore additional options if needed.

Disabling hybrid sleep in Windows:

• In Windows, search for and open Control panel.
  • Make sure the View by setting is set to Category, and then click Hardware and Sound.
  • Click Power Options.
  • Click Change plan settings for the power plan that is selected.
  • Click Change advanced power settings.
  • Expand Sleep, and then expand Allow hybrid sleep.
  • Select Off from the On battery drop-down menu, and then select Off from the Plugged-in drop-down menu.
  • Click OK.

To know more information on Sleep mode/Hibernation issues, you could refer to this article: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake,

Thanks for responding to my original post.  I followed both instructions, but it seems none of them is the reason for my issue. For troubleshooting, the troubleshooter didn't find any issue to fix.  For hybrid sleep, it was already set to "off" (note that I don't see two "no battery" and "plugged-in" drop-down menus under "Allow hybrid sleep", instead there was only one drop-down menu under "Allow hybrid sleep" labeled as "Setting".  It was set to off). 

Thanks for the helps.  It looks like there should be another reason for my HP Pavilion desktop occasionally failing to wake up. Please let me know if you (or any other member) have any thought.

HP Recommended

@echostate
I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespag

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.