Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavillion all in one

Computer was working fine, then my wife went to use it and startup stayed on the load up circle for a day. I shut it off tried again said automatic fix and now it is a blank screen with a working mouse icon nothing else. What can I do to get it to start. It has windows 10 not sure version.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Paslode350s

Thank you for joining HP Community.

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number and the operating system of the computer?

Do you see any light on the computer?

Did you try connecting the computer to a different wall outlet?

Keep me posted.

Che

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have a brand new HP 24-B016 All-in-one. I took it out of the box, plugged it in, and it won't boot up. There is power, I can see the light on the backside of the monitor 'on' where the power cord plugs in.

I have tried connecting to several power sources (all which work with my other computers).

I would appreciate any feedback/insight you have with this issue.

HP Recommended

@SpeedyK I suggest you try the below steps to make this work:

Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:

Ensure your device is OFF.

Unplug all the external devices (If any).

Disconnect the power from the computer

Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.

Connect the power supply

Press the power button to turn on your device and check if it works.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, this did not work. Any other tricks up your sleeve? 😊

HP Recommended

@SpeedyK I'm afraid that would mean there's a hardware malfunction on the device if that didn't work, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.