Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

After trying everything with both my own professional computer support team at work as well as HP Support, I was ready to give up.   I had verified all my drivers and BIOS were up to date.  By chance, I happened to update my BIOS again (it was already F23).   The BIOS did reload and ever since then I have had no freezes.  I have been going for three days now and it always froze overnight and 3-5 times per day.    My BIOS is still F23.  I am not sure why updating the BIOS with the same version solved the problem but if you have the freezing problem, I suggest you try it as it is a lot easier to shipping your computer to HP.  Hope this helps

HP Recommended

Everyone - Yes, I also confirmed that updating to BIO F23 version has also resolved my PC freezing issue.  It's been running without a hitch since then. 

HP Recommended

interesting related post re: faulty SSD drives on ENVY. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3999141

curious if the BIOS reinstall fixes the lock ups for all. 
I returned my HP to Costco, but would buy it back if the lock ups were resolved.

joe

HP Recommended

pasted from Littlemono

Just my story and hope it may help someone else. I have the Envy TE01-1020 and had the same freezing issues as many others here and I tried  every one of the fixes suggested on this forum to correct the problem with no luck at all, same intermittent freezing. So I contacted HP, no reply, so no help at all. So I decided to test a theory I had about this happening  all the time, so I grabbed a Crucial 2.5 inch solid state drive I had laying around and cloned the operating system then removed the NVMe drive that was installed (SK Hynix BC501) and booted the PC from the cloned Crucial drive and lo and behold it ran perfectly for 7 days without any issues whatsoever. So I then decided to bite the bullet and skip the headache with the HP runaround and purchase a Crucial P5 250GB NVMe SSD and cloned the OS again, now it's been running perfectly for 10 days now. I didn't want to waste time trying to get a refund for the lousy SSD so I picked up a M key M.2 NGFF SSD to PCIe X1 adapter on Amazon for $6, plugged it in and installed the bad SK Hynix BC501 SSD and I'm using that for storage and I have not had any issues so far. BTW, I did go through the trouble of reinstalling the SK Hynix BC501after running the Crucial SSD to make sure that was the problem and the PC froze up 30mins later just playing MP3's nothing else running!

If you search SK Hynix BC501 on Google you find the same thing I did.

Quote "Any anybody else seeing a VERY high failure rate of BRAND NEW Hynix SSD hard drives " etc

Quote "Edit: It seems like we've had the most issues with BC501 drive's but have seen very premature failures on other Hynix drives too"

Just my 2 Cents! Good luck.

PS,Now that this is running properly I gotta say I love this PC now.

HP Recommended

Hi Joe

just being corious.. what entries did you find in the windows logs?

HP Recommended

i never found anything conclusive in any of the logs, and i searched hard and long looking for something.
 I found the interesting thread about the SSD issues. seemed related to simular system/problems. Thought it might have validity.
Did you fix your issue with the BIOS reinstall? Are you still experiencing issues? 

If you and others say it is fixed, I am considering repurchasing the unit from CostCo. 

joe

HP Recommended

Hp desktop windows 10 regularly freezes but now is frozen for a week. The screen comes up when switched on but no button nor mouse works. Please help 

HP Recommended

What did you do to solve the issue? do you have a backup? You could reinstall windows.... could be anything..(drivers, software, ) what did you do before the issues started to appear?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.